Can u recomend any good golf clubs in fife?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Aha,thanks again stevek1969,i thought that was too good! You are proving to be a real help,much appreciated chief! Scotscraig does indeed look the best,do you know if you can split the annual sub over 10 or 12 direct debits? Cheers. ;)

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you end up staying close to Dundee it has to be Scotscraig, it was my first round of 2009 headed down that way on the 2nd January every where else around tayside and fife was shut but played on full frozen greens with rock hard fairways and still had a ball. We try to visit as often as possible and every time we play it say we should join the only thing stopping us is travelling down from Perth every week would be a pain.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
No probs mate, yes you can pay it Direct Debit over 10 months which is what i do. It depends on where your moving to as well as my place there's places like Aylth, Strathmore,Forfar, Edzell all nice courses or Arbroath is a nice links course. Regarding Panmure you need 10 letters of introduction and shake your hand in a certain way if you no what i mean. :D

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played Scotscraig for the first time a fortnight ago and was well impressed. My home course is very wet and heavy through the winter and this has made me think very seriously about joining Scotscraig. Many courses in the Fife, Angus and Perthshire areas have no waiting lists at the moment so there are many great courses to choose from. This link gives details for joining. http://www.scotscraiggolfclub.com/golf_club_member.htm

(Another great course in Fife is Crail.)

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brilliant news about the dd option,even if we dont end up moving soon,i would probably join anyway,as we drive up to dundee all the time to see my wifes parents(she is from there,and a dundee fc fan too!). We will be moving there in the future for sure.Will give u a message stevek1969 after christmas if you would be up for a wee round? Thanks again for all your input forum buddies! :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good luck in joining Scotscraig, if you decide to go that route. I wouldn't mind playing all my golf around there, I don't think I could ever tire of the place.
Another one that has been mentioned (albeit briefly) that I found really good was Alyth...

http://www.alythgolfclub.co.uk/index.html

Have only played it once (36 holes) and it was quite a few years ago now, but I can still remember quite a few of the holes, which always says something about the quality of the course and the impression it leaves with you. The 5th hole there (par 4) has got to be one of the nicest two shotters I've ever played.
£395.00 a year for full membership????? Bloody hell, that's cheap. I see there is a joining fee, but it looks like this can be spread over 5 years so it wouldn't add much to your direct debit per month if you did that!
I remember it being very tranquil, and nowhere near as crowded as some of the other courses we played up there.
But Scotscraig would be my first choice, closely followed by this.
Rob