Can I put in a score?

5OTT

Visit site
Don't know if anyone can advise on this one, today I played in a 4BBB stoke comp. To cut a long story short I had a very good round and my score was the one used on 15 of the 18 holes played. On the other 3 holes I played out and recorded my scores.

When I totalled my round up at the end I had shot 4 under my handicap and this would be one of my best scores in the last 20 rounds.
When we enter our scores on the computer we have always been told to put the score down against the player who scored on the hole and a zero against the other player.

As such the overall score was entered but as I had a zero against my name for the three holes my partner came in on my individual score showed as an NR, I was told in the clubhouse that if I had entered my scores for the three holes my partner came in on then it would have recorded the round towards my handicap on the England golf app.

I have been told that I can go onto the England golf app and enter my score on there for the round I played.

Anyone know if this is allowed?

wjemather

Visit site
While a score from 4BBB (or any other format that is not individual strokeplay) cannot be submitted for handicapping, it can be considered as part of a handicap review. A single round of 4 under handicap is not going to make an impression in a review though.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any idea why?
As it is an entirely new concept in many parts of the world I suspect that CONGU and others are waiting for WHS to settle down. The effect on handicaps of advice, watching a team mates outcome etc is an unknown and the transition has exposed a number of issues. However, trials are being undertake. But as implied above decisions may be later rather than sooner.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t believe scores from playing in team events should ever go towards your handicap - it’s a totally different mindset and way of playing when within the team , reading each other’s lines , people going first to allow people to go for putts etc

Is a lot of that really any different when playing as a fourball in a singles comp which is playing ready golf.

It is only for handicap after all. (there are an awful lot of players that seem to 'play to a lower handicap than they have' when playing in better ball).

D

Deleted member 15344

Is a lot of that really any different when playing as a fourball in a singles comp which is playing ready golf.

It is only for handicap after all. (there are an awful lot of players that seem to 'play to a lower handicap than they have' when playing in better ball).

Don’t think I have ever had someone else read my putt in singles nor have people put on my line before me ?‍♂️

And a lot of people play better in 4BBB situations

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
(there are an awful lot of players that seem to 'play to a lower handicap than they have' when playing in better ball).
Certainly it would help mitigate against the '4BBB Open bandits' who seem to be getting a plague, if they were required to enter scores in formal BB comps

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Don’t think I have ever had someone else read my putt in singles nor have people put on my line before me ?‍♂️

Or taking their putt first so you can see the line, or know your birdie putt is a "free go" cos partner is in for par etc....

Blimey.. I've agreed with Phil 4 times this year already and it is only August!

I do think that where folk only seem to appear in Pairs Events and win disproportionally often, the Committees should get after them. We had a pair of them at my old Club. Minimum number of medals a year, never anywhere handicap.... pairs events... won loads.

D

Deleted member 15344

Certainly it would help mitigate against the '4BBB Open bandits' who seem to be getting a plague, if they were required to enter scores in formal BB comps
The same people would find ways around it