Can anybody recommend a putter grip?

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at getting my putter regripped, bought it off eBay with a large Wynn grip on it and it’s a bit too thick for my liking.

I’ve looked at either the Golf Pride Tour Snsr or the SuperStroke CounterCore Mid Slim or Slim.

I like the idea of being able to add or change weights but I’ve never had a counterweighted putter before.

Anyone got any other recommendations?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I find regripping putters harder than others. Super stroke grips are harder to put on, and putter grips in general harder to align. Esp long counter balanced ones.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Thanks guys, how hard is it to regrip a putter?

Do. Not. Do. This. :eek:

As murph said, they are harder than any other grip to align, if you've never regrouped anything before a putter is not the grip to start with. And Super Strokes, especially long ones, are absolute pigs.

I say this as someone who recently took back a brand new putter and had it exchanged because the manufacturer had put the grip on cock-eyed. If they can do it I seriously don't recommend breaking your duck with this one.

Last edited:

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Do. Not. Do. This. :eek:
V
As murph said, they are harder than any other grip to align, if you've never regrouped anything before a putter is not the grip to start with. And Super Strokes, especially long ones, are absolute pigs.

I say this as someone who recently took back a brand new putter and had it exchanged because the manufacturer had put the grip on cock-eyed. If they can do it I seriously don't recommend breaking your duck with this one.
I've done quite a few without any problem. You have to be very careful about how you align it but you have plenty of time before the white spirit evaporates.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Thanks guys, how hard is it to regrip a putter?
I think it depends on the grip. I admit to being a little nervous and it was the last club I tried to regrip. For me the trick was to make sure that I marked the line of the grip on the shaft with a Sharpie before taking it off so I had something to realign to, and using LOTS of white spirit as it lubricates the shaft and grip (ooh missus!) and gives you some time to adjust the grip once on.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You have to be really perfect with a putter grip as you will want it accurate to the degree. Its not like any other round grip where you can just whack it on completely backwards and make no difference. Even if you have your pro do it, triple check their work.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get yourself to a decent golf shop and try putters with different grips this will give you some feedback on what to buy.
Putters can be difficult to grip but anyone with reasonable diy skill can do it just use plenty of spirit to adjust the grip square .
Put the face against a block off wood to give you a larger reference of square face.