Callaway's X-22 Tour or Ft i-Brid irons?

Scorpio520

Visit site
Whats the difference between Callaway's X-22 tour irons and their Ft i-Brid irons?
does anyone know? I find the website is great, but i am not sure which set to buy.
Thanks

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The X22 tours are a mid-low handicappers club (not a generic description but a broad view) and have a thin top line, minimal offset and a small cavity back.

The I-brid are basically a game improver set designed to be like hybrid clubs to enable the player to get the ball in the air easier. They are aimed at higher handicaps (20-28 but again I'm being generalistic) and will be eaiser to hit than the X22 tours with a bigger sweetspot.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whats the difference between Callaway's X-22 tour irons and their Ft i-Brid irons?
does anyone know? I find the website is great, but i am not sure which set to buy.
Thanks

Hmm.....the difference is quite a lot. Almost chalk and cheese.

i.i.r.c. the Ft i-brid are a set with 3/4/5 irons that are hybrid/rescue style and the rest mega forgiving....so much so that they are in the top 10 of the most forgiving clubs of all time.

If you are new the the game and have the cash, they will undoubtedly be easy to use.

Basically Ft i-brid = beginners/less good players clubs
X-22 = beginner/medium players clubs
X-22 Tour = half decent players, but probably not "Tour standard" :D :D

I expect the Tour Pros probably use X-forged or whatever they're called.

I guess it's like saying.....I like the look of the new Ford Fiesta....should I get the 1.0 diesel or the 2.0 turbo-charged works RS. Two ends of the spectrum.

Why not the big berthas or the X-22 regular model. I couldn't play with either (and yes, I've tried)...too much offset for me.