Callaway warbirds

Shaikhy

Visit site
Hi was hoping someone would be able to help me.

I have a set of callaway warbirds do I need a gap wedge or a lob wedge I have a pw and sw.. Someone people say yes and some people say no.. I am new to golf and am not sure if I need them..

Can anyone help me please

Thank you

Shaikhy

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
A PW traditionally is around 45 degrees of loft, although the modern way is to crank up the lofts to around 42

A SW normally is around 56 degrees, maybe 54, so the gap between these 2 clubs could equate to 30 yards difference on the course

Some will say, learn to use the clubs you have, others will say get a club to fill the gap, so a 50 degree gap wedge would not be out of place in my opinion

But do get some lessons,

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Once you've played a few rounds you should start to feel how far you hit each club and you'll be able to tell if you have any gaps, then decide if you need one.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things that is important is the age of the clubs they have been around for over 10 years and loft specs may have changed in that time.

My view is that everybody should have a wedge around 52 degrees in the bag as this is probably the most versatile wedge to use for all manor of shots. For me it is my 'go to' wedge for most shots 80 yards and under.

Shaikhy

Visit site
Thank you very much for you kind response have taken it all on board and I've been doing alot of practice with these clubs and am. Going to stick with what h I have and learn..

Have recently played at goluston golf

Shaikhy

Visit site
Thank you very much for you kind response have taken it all on board and I've been doing alot of practice with these clubs and am. Going to stick with what h I have and learn..

Have recently played at goluston golf
Amazing place rite next to great yarmouth seaside
DEFINITELY recomend
Regards

Shaikhy