Callaway uPro users

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good evening.

I have just received the following e-mail from Callaway:

As part of our ongoing initiatives, Callaway Golf is fully committed to our core business of clubs and balls. With this refocused position in mind, we want to let you know that the www.callawayuxplore.com website will be shut down after 12/31/2014.

Online synching for course downloads, updates, and course search will no longer be available after this date. We recommend downloading your 50 ProMode courses to your upro, upro mx or upro mx+ device before the 12/31/2014 deadline. The upro, upro go, upro mx and upro mx+ will still work after 12/31/2014 for Basic Mode, GoMode and ProMode, but they won't be able to download new courses or course updates.

Callaway Golf will continue to honor the limited warranties for all upro devices.

More FAQ for your device:

• Shot Tracking is permanently inoperable.
• No new course updates will be processed.
• The upro, upro go, upro mx and upro mx+ are not compatible with Windows 8.

Looks like I'm asking for a new DMD for Christmas... :eek:

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good evening.

I have just received the following e-mail from Callaway:

As part of our ongoing initiatives, Callaway Golf is fully committed to our core business of clubs and balls. With this refocused position in mind, we want to let you know that the www.callawayuxplore.com website will be shut down after 12/31/2014.

Online synching for course downloads, updates, and course search will no longer be available after this date. We recommend downloading your 50 ProMode courses to your upro, upro mx or upro mx+ device before the 12/31/2014 deadline. The upro, upro go, upro mx and upro mx+ will still work after 12/31/2014 for Basic Mode, GoMode and ProMode, but they won't be able to download new courses or course updates.

Callaway Golf will continue to honor the limited warranties for all upro devices.

More FAQ for your device:

• Shot Tracking is permanently inoperable.
• No new course updates will be processed.
• The upro, upro go, upro mx and upro mx+ are not compatible with Windows 8.

Looks like I'm asking for a new DMD for Christmas... :eek:

This was brought up a while ago, it is a shame.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, it'll work around my course (ProMode) but I won't be able to download any other courses...

Will the yardages still be correct post 2014 though?

As far as I understand the device will work as normal but no new updates or downloads, Callaway have recommended that you download the maximum 50 pro mode courses before the end of the year

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its seems there is also a way to get more than 50 courses. Whilst the device only holds 50 courses it seems if you complain to them they will tell you a method to download extra courses, I assume to your computer so that you can upload them later if needed