Callaway Rogue Driver

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is anyone still playing the Rogue driver from 2018?

Can get some good deals on it at the moment and I am considering moving from my XR16 to it

Had a look at the side by side a few months ago and the head on the Rogue looks huge compared to the XR16 which appeals to me, unfortunately didn’t get a chance to demo it.

Looking at reviews online some say the Rogue is very forgiving and others saying the opposite. Just wanted to see if anyone on here still played it and to gather some opinions

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It has everything in its DNA to be a good driver..and has been/is for a lot of people.
Whether it will be for you is a question only you can answer.

Springveldt

Visit site
I tried it last year compared to the Flash and the Rogue just didn’t suit me for some reason. I found the Flash much more forgiving and longer on centre strikes.
Unfortunately there is no real way of knowing if it suits you until you test it.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't help with any info on the Rogue.

But also consider looking at the 2019 Cobra F9, last year's model. It's a really great driver, long and very forgiving. When I bought mine new it was considerably cheaper than the equivalents from Callaway and Taylor Made, so now that it's no longer the current model I would think there are some good deals on it.

As always with drivers, the shaft is a huge part of how well you will get on with it. (y)

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ve used the Rogue Sub Zero since it came out, was the best for me when I went for a fitting, actually went to be fitted for something else.

Nothing since has given me anymore and happy with my game off the tee.

Zig

Visit site
I've had a Rogue Draw for just under a year. Love it. ;) Wasn't what I went to buy, but was cheaper than the others I tried, and just as good according to the stats (credit to the Pro who could have stung me for another 150 quid for the driver I originally asked for).

Fitted for the synergy stiff... was longer with the hzardous shaft but dispersion tighter with the synergy - though aware it's more likely to be the craftsman than his tools! ;)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I can't help with any info on the Rogue.

But also consider looking at the 2019 Cobra F9, last year's model. It's a really great driver, long and very forgiving. When I bought mine new it was considerably cheaper than the equivalents from Callaway and Taylor Made, so now that it's no longer the current model I would think there are some good deals on it.

As always with drivers, the shaft is a huge part of how well you will get on with it. (y)

I’ve got the f9 3 wood and it goes like a stabbed rat so I’m trying to get the driver

Hoganman1

Visit site
I have one, but don't currently play it. I now play a Ping G400 and like it so far. There's nothing wrong with the Rogue. I'll probably give it to my son once I'm sure the G400 is here to stay (for awhile). You should be able to find a Rogue at a reasonable price. I recommend demoing one if you can. I was able to play a few rounds a G400 before I purchased one and it really helped.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I did my fitting the Rogue was really good, similar numbers to the Ping G410, I just went with the Ping because I was using Ping before, so an easier transition. One of my mates uses the Rogue to very good effect as well. I think it's a excellent driver.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a rogue, I popped in a lightweight shaft got it set up, the mizuno fitter could not get close to it with all his option. But then I was still looking for a driver as I was really struggling with spin numbers. This G400 sft is pretty impressive , I think possibly longer because the spin and launch match each other better.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How come you are focussed on the rogue OP? There are quite a few drivers about that age that are really good - i wouldnt limit yourself to just one of them. G400, F9, M6 (available new for about 220 now if you look around), TS3 will get cheaper when the new titleist drivers come out at end of summer etc etc.

Rogue is a good driver and may work well for you. You might not get on with it at all though. I know its very hard to test anything right now but id consider all options.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How come you are focussed on the rogue OP? There are quite a few drivers about that age that are really good - i wouldnt limit yourself to just one of them. G400, F9, M6 (available new for about 220 now if you look around), TS3 will get cheaper when the new titleist drivers come out at end of summer etc etc.

Rogue is a good driver and may work well for you. You might not get on with it at all though. I know its very hard to test anything right now but id consider all options.

Have played Callaway drivers since the X2Hot. I prefer the simplicity of the loft sleeve on them and just seem to get on with them better than other brands.

I have been offered a really good deal on a Mavrik Max which is another option but as you say it’s not easy to get a chance to demo at the moment

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Out of the middle - absolutely..
Off centre, especially low strikes, are miles better.
The Jailbreak rods really do work well on low strikes.
Far too much experience of this sort of strike?
Keeping the middle of the club pristine for resale value?
;);)