Callaway Kings of Distance.

Sion

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi guys. Been so busy since Tuesday!! First chance to get on here. What a brilliant day it was, still on a high now. Highlight for me (besides Sam and Steve winning us a driver) was having that hybrid lesson off Alex Noren. Being that close toa tour player hitting balls makes me realise how poor a ball striker I am!!

3fiddyz

Visit site
Great day out and great to meet some great people. Had a blast on Team Red. Chatting to the pros and getting the tips was a highlight, being within yards of big Joe and witnessing the power was something else... Whilst sat watching Joe's big gun show, there were a group of younger lads stood watching and when Joe started hitting the big club one of the lads mouth was just hanging open in awe!

Fitting was a little quick for me and felt a bit rushed and didn't get to really get to grips with the BB, which I so wanted to do. But outside of that was a brilliant day and a big well done to Callaway and GM for putting it on.

Sorry to the Red Team for not being able to launch another 300y in the final.... Never really had the pressure of 90 people sat behind me, the longest driver on the European Tour, 2 other Tour Pros and the world long drive champion to my left whilst I am trying to launch one... Parrrrpppphh! (That launch monitor was deffo not working properly!)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Great day out and great to meet some great people. Had a blast on Team Red. Chatting to the pros and getting the tips was a highlight, being within yards of big Joe and witnessing the power was something else... Whilst sat watching Joe's big gun show, there were a group of younger lads stood watching and when Joe started hitting the big club one of the lads mouth was just hanging open in awe!

Fitting was a little quick for me and felt a bit rushed and didn't get to really get to grips with the BB, which I so wanted to do. But outside of that was a brilliant day and a big well done to Callaway and GM for putting it on.

Sorry to the Red Team for not being able to launch another 300y in the final.... Never really had the pressure of 90 people sat behind me, the longest driver on the European Tour, 2 other Tour Pros and the world long drive champion to my left whilst I am trying to launch one... Parrrrpppphh! (That launch monitor was deffo not working properly!)

Glad to see another of my new recruits to the forum getting stuck in :)

pleasure to meet you on Tuesday and glad you enjoyed it

PS you owe me a driver :) :):cheers:

3fiddyz

Visit site
Couple of Videos for those that wernt there... great tips...

[video=youtube_share;6Z1hlk4w_R0]http://youtu.be/6Z1hlk4w_R0[/video]

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A question to all who gained distance. Was the increase in distance readings on the Trackman / flightscope a true reflection of what you felt and saw while on the driving range.

Certainly was for me.

Though the initial change from my own club to the Callaway didn't feel any different - the numbers just got better from the speed gain (from the lighter shaft).

Like ChrisD, I could predict which were better swings/connections, even though there was only a few mph in it. It was quite impressive how a few tweaks could affect things. I've seen/used the MWT facility on TM clubs in the (distant) past, but that took so long to organize, the results were barely visible. Here, the change took a couple of secs and the feedback was immediately visible - even though only a few yards.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Did anyone try the xhot 2 pro hybrid, I have to get one. It was a brilliant hybrid!!

I was quite impressed with the Utility too.

But the X2Hot Pro 3W was fabulous! Might actually make me change from my 10+yo favourite!

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
the change took a couple of secs and the feedback was immediately visible - even though only a few yards.
As you say the change to seconds, I had the loft changed from 10.5* to 9.5* and got a 10yard gain. (So much for a certain manufacturer saying "Loft Up" :) )

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As you say the change to seconds, I had the loft changed from 10.5* to 9.5* and got a 10yard gain. (So much for a certain manufacturer saying "Loft Up" :) )

Funny that! I went from 9.5 to 8.5! and Draw bias, which apparently closes the club slightly more at impact.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair we did give them a fair vocal support!!

The team did give us plenty of support in the event, not quite sure they drowned out the rest of the anti grey brigade though!!

I did hear someone comment on my first drive after the trackman said the hook in to the trees went 289 with '?£!" off, more like 189'.

Rob Lee was good at the time though as he said 'You can see tension in that swing'! He did also say that one has potential before the trackman came up with the stats though!

Was a bit of tension in the air from all the hitters I think!

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did anyone try the xhot 2 pro hybrid, I have to get one. It was a brilliant hybrid!!

I was quite impressed with the Utility too.

But the X2Hot Pro 3W was fabulous! Might actually make me change from my 10+yo favourite!

I hit a fair few with both clubs and thought they really were quality clubs. The ATX tour green seemed like a pretty good shaft for me in both of these too.

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I thought the big berthas were brilliant but it's a shame they never said right, we have fitted you with a driver that suits your swing , now would you like to buy it today at this price or we can make one up to your spec and send it to you?

I think that Callaway could have sold a few drivers ( and wedges come to that ) on the day if the opportunity were there, I will buy one at a later date now but as a impulse buy I would have walked away very happy indeed. :thup:

Sion

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I hit a fair few with both clubs and thought they really were quality clubs. The ATX tour green seemed like a pretty good shaft for me in both of these too.
Just been looking online and the green shaft is a aftermarket shaft not a "made for shaft". No wonder I was getting a penetrating flight. I've got to get one!!