Callaway customer service

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I posted in another thread recently I purchased a callaway ft-9 draw with the imix head from eBay. It arrived and I unpacked eagerly only to find a rattle in the head. After speaking to a couple of pros was told there was nothing they could do but should get in touch with callaway direct and they may be able to help. So off I went sent an email and got a reply to ring the office on Monday morning. I rang and got put through to a voice mail left the message. Starting to think I was getting the run around. Well a couple of hours passed and eventually got a call back, explained the situation and had a nice chat with the fella when he told me to drop off with any local retailer and tell them to post it back to head office. So on Tuesday I dropped the club off and my pro told me he would get the label and ship it Wednesday.

Left it until after the weekend and emailed on Monday just to get An update, asked who i sent it with and they will check for me, so sent details.

Got an email this morning saying sent back ready to collect soon! Hurray!
30 seconds after reading my pro rings to say my BRAND new head has arrived and shall he fit it for me as they have also sent me a new wrench (which I didn't have!) and new head cover!! And all done within 7 days!

So after my initial worries they were great and I even got a spanking new head out of it!! All for £50 bargain.

So excellent service great communication sorry to ramble on but well chuffed today!
All I've got to do is hit the damn thing straight!

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is always good when a company looks after you. Bit surprised none of the pros could sort it out but it ended in your favour anyway.

Doc

Head Pro
Visit site
A few years ago,

The shafts on my x-18's rubbed in my callaway cart bag after about 18 months.

Callaway replaced the bag for the new model and re-shafted all my clubs all for free.

Fantastic service from a customer focused company.

imran_ali

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a Big bertha 460 driver (purchased in 2007) and in 2009 it snapped (alright i forced it to snap). I sent it back and waited a few weeks but nothing arrived. In the end I chased them up and by mistake they sent it to the wrong golf club (apparently had a similair name). Cut a losng story short, to replace my driver they sent me a brand new driver which was the latest model. By the way the way they dealt with my situation made me feel that I was the only person they were concernd about.
NOW I had a issue with taylormade this year when my rescue club broke in my bag (definately not my fault this time) and I rang them to see if I can get it replaced under warranty................they were having non of it, they said to me its £60 or nothing for a new shaft. They said we only cover a shaft if it breaks in 2 places and where mine had broken it was not covered!!!!!!! The customer service was one of the worse I had experienced!!!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
This also means that all the scratch marks on the sole will be mine!! Those ones that head off at some strange angle!!

Also I Don't know what it is but I just don't like taylormade.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have always thought that Callaway gear was top quality, so good to hear their customer service is too. Great result and well done for taking the time to give them the credit on these pages. This kind of word of mouth (word of forum?) publicity is a good incentitive to companies to look after their customers.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good service that you will always remember and will. as you have done here, tell other people. In a similar vein, I bought a Taylor Made driver (second hand) with changeable weight bolts a while back. Over a short time several of the bolts sheared while I was trying different set ups, the tool was a torque wrench so it should be impossible to shear them. When I contacted Taylor Made they were absolutely the opposite of Callaway - frankly they didn't want to know!

I know who I would buy from next time!
Chris

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Had some rust spots on my Titleist forged blades years ago, Titleist replaced the whole set and gave me a dozen balls for my inconvenience.

I'd still be buying Titleist if Mizuno's werent as good as they are.

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Callaway have it nailed for Customer Service, I had a big cart/Tour bag, been used a lot for about 9/10 months and a zip broke, just the bit u hold.

I expected them to replace the zip but took it back to retailer and they sent it back to them -they gave me a brand new bag.

Second to none.

imran_ali

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am going to send T/made a email telling them how disappointed I am with their customer service!!!! I dont think they will give a monkey but atleast I will feel good.