Buying wider fitting golf shoes

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
Do you have a link for these please I have tried looking for this hitech brand before and and can not find them

Sorry, just had a look around, and it would appear they are no longer made. It is possible to pick them up on ebay, but I don't think there are any wide fit ones being advertised

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
STOP PRESS

Callaway Chev Mulligan wide fit shoes are now available on eBay for around £35. The added bonus being they are waterproof. Appears to be a good deal

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go to a golf shop that has a brannock device for measuring your feet.
You can then order shoes to fit your exact size and with.

My right foot is a 9 wide.
My left a 10 extra wide.
I ordered several pair under the footjoy myjoy range. (See footjoy website.)
Footjoy will make you a pair to your exact specs (even different sizes )
They are the best shoes I have ever had and wouldn’t buy off the peg again.
Slightly more in cost as you pay rrp but worth every penny.

Just a side note if your feet are sore a trip to a podiatrist would make sense to ensure there isn’t a problem.

Have had my feet measured and like you are two different sizes, and one is wide the other verging on extra wide.

Interesting to see Footjoy do made to measure, as all my recent shoes have been Footjoy and would happily buy them again.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Adidas wide fit or if you are really struggling and feel your age then boring old FJ for you Alan.

I believe Ecco run a wee bit wider than standard golf shoes.

The problem is no shop I have been in so far actually stocks any wide fitting shoes 🙁
Have tried Ecco, they have a removable sole which makes them slightly wider but still not enough

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The problem is no shop I have been in so far actually stocks any wide fitting shoes 🙁
Have tried Ecco, they have a removable sole which makes them slightly wider but still not enough
trouble i found with the FJ and it was the top of the range shoes icons, the leather just stretched once they had worn in and the bruised my toes as they ended up just too big. i don't think FJ use as good a leather as Ecco. never had any problem with these and have 8 pairs. Though the Gortex do come up slightly smaller in my exp

PS i have a pair of 10 icons in wide fit ive never worn the wife bought me a few years ago

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the input guys, really helps and certainly seems a few others are in the same boat.

As a general update my feet have been measured and I was surprised by the results, smaller and wider than I thought.

I was keen to get Footjoy as they have been my shoe for a few years now. I contacted them via Twitter and they were very responsive. The upshot is I have to give them my favoured styles and my measurements. They asked my who my preferred seller was, I was happy to go with John the pro at Killermont and Gailes. So they will send them to him and deal with him regarding any returns.

Will get my feet measured again to be extra diligent and will keep you all updated

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks for all the input guys, really helps and certainly seems a few others are in the same boat.

As a general update my feet have been measured and I was surprised by the results, smaller and wider than I thought.

I was keen to get Footjoy as they have been my shoe for a few years now. I contacted them via Twitter and they were very responsive. The upshot is I have to give them my favoured styles and my measurements. They asked my who my preferred seller was, I was happy to go with John the pro at Killermont and Gailes. So they will send them to him and deal with him regarding any returns.

Will get my feet measured again to be extra diligent and will keep you all updated

You are an Ayrshire lad. Are you sure you don't have 7 toes or something? That may be the problem!

😉😂

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
trouble i found with the FJ and it was the top of the range shoes icons, the leather just stretched once they had worn in and the bruised my toes as they ended up just too big. i don't think FJ use as good a leather as Ecco. never had any problem with these and have 8 pairs. Though the Gortex do come up slightly smaller in my exp

PS i have a pair of 10 icons in wide fit ive never worn the wife bought me a few years ago

I bought extra wide icons and had to sell them on. I think a lot has to do with the style as to how wide they come up. Never had a problem with tours

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have had my feet measured and like you are two different sizes, and one is wide the other verging on extra wide.

Interesting to see Footjoy do made to measure, as all my recent shoes have been Footjoy and would happily buy them again.
Do it it really does make a massive difference.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If you go on the footjoy Myjoys on the web site you can design your own this is what I did.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just bought a pair of Skechers, the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever worn.

Comfort wise Skechers are supperb. Just not very waterproof at all, I would still be wearing Skechers and nothing else if they could sort out the tea bag effect uppers.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers David, will look in to that, must be an age thing lol as my hip and shoulder are hurting too 😂
Ahhh a little known fact is that ure foot bone is connected to ure ankle bone ure ankle bone is connected to ure.😂😂😂😂😂😂

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Latest update. I have been measured again and am a 9.5 extra wide. So have asked Footjoy for a couple of options to try. Had a look on the website and they do not appear to offer extra wide other than for build your own :unsure:

AdamW

Visit site
Latest update. I have been measured again and am a 9.5 extra wide. So have asked Footjoy for a couple of options to try. Had a look on the website and they do not appear to offer extra wide other than for build your own :unsure:

Depends on the shoe and size if they have stock in 'extra wide'

For example

https://www.footjoy.co.uk/en_GB/golf-shoes/men/spikeless/prosl/000PSL.html

Size 8 white is available in extra wide.

Hope this helps :)

Mine came a few days ago yet to have chance to open the box :(

Always worth ordering a few different sizes to see how they fit in reality.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Buy two pairs and alternate. Only way to make shoes last is to have at least 3 pairs in circulation at any one time.