Buying clothing on line

oleinone

Visit site
Just had the most appalling experience. Bought two pairs of Adidas 365 shorts in September. Returned because 3 inches bigger than advertised waist size. Then the saga began. Parcelforce tried to deliver 7/8 times but was refused on each occasion ( I don't know why). I contacted the supplier by phone and mail on multiple occasions and talked with Parcelforce who, on each occasion, confirmed that the gear was sitting in their depot. I even gave the supplier the local Parcelforce contact number in the hope that someone might have the brains to pick up the phone and sort this out. Yesterday I called the supplier once again and was told that it was somehow my fault - at which point my patient reasonable self had had enough. A robust, forceful and not very polite examination of their incompetence followed.Two hours later a refund was made. This same supplier makes great play of customer service - never again.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This sounds like a Parcelforce issue rather than the supplier. The supplier shipped the goods as required with a company as reputable/incompetent as any other. Parcelforce messed up, repeatedly, not the supplier. 50p then says that Parcelforce has advised that the recipient, you, either refused delivery or were unavailable to accept the delivery. Neither of these are true but they are the easy option for the driver to tick on his electronic device. The sender sees that and clumsily passes that on. I've dealt with carrier companies enough via work to know never to repeat their reasonings but maybe the OP got someone relatively new.

After the complaint, money was refunded within 2 hours. That's impressive. I'm not sure the retailer has made any major errors here, it's the carrier that's messed up for both parties.

oleinone

Visit site
This sounds like a Parcelforce issue rather than the supplier. The supplier shipped the goods as required with a company as reputable/incompetent as any other. Parcelforce messed up, repeatedly, not the supplier. 50p then says that Parcelforce has advised that the recipient, you, either refused delivery or were unavailable to accept the delivery. Neither of these are true but they are the easy option for the driver to tick on his electronic device. The sender sees that and clumsily passes that on. I've dealt with carrier companies enough via work to know never to repeat their reasonings but maybe the OP got someone relatively new.

After the complaint, money was refunded within 2 hours. That's impressive. I'm not sure the retailer has made any major errors here, it's the carrier that's messed up for both parties.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying your defense of the supplier. It had two months to communicate effectively with Parcelforce. Similarly my complaint didn't spring to life yesterday, the supplier was informed by me on several occasions that the parcel was sitting in the depot. The supplier seemed to be unwilling to seize the initiative and speak directly with the carrier. Falling back on the defense that "our office is open so it's somebody else's fault" which is no blooming use to me the customer.

oleinone

Visit site
Sounds like a stressful time. Thankfully resolved now. Can I ask which company it was with?
I can't say that this repreentative of the supplier or if it's just a lousy one off. My post was to vent my frustration and not get my own back.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, the supplier should have been more proactive but carriers do tend to have appalling customer service and you rarely get to speak to a local depot, the joy of a centralised phone number ?. They should have seized the initiative, refunded you earlier and dealt with the carrier separately to arrange a return.

The supplier has likely kept viewing the tracking and seen that it was repeatedly out for delivery and hoped it would finally get delivered.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Most appalling experience I ever had was when I ate a dodgy prawn on a Pizza in Benalmadena.

Hospitalised with it. Dreadful. :ROFLMAO:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just had the most appalling experience. Bought two pairs of Adidas 365 shorts in September. Returned because 3 inches bigger than advertised waist size. Then the saga began. Parcelforce tried to deliver 7/8 times but was refused on each occasion ( I don't know why). I contacted the supplier by phone and mail on multiple occasions and talked with Parcelforce who, on each occasion, confirmed that the gear was sitting in their depot. I even gave the supplier the local Parcelforce contact number in the hope that someone might have the brains to pick up the phone and sort this out. Yesterday I called the supplier once again and was told that it was somehow my fault - at which point my patient reasonable self had had enough. A robust, forceful and not very polite examination of their incompetence followed.Two hours later a refund was made. This same supplier makes great play of customer service - never again.

Sounds extremely weary and unnecessary, thankfully it didn't go on for much longer.