Bury F.C

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The PFA are already helping Bury and Bolton, and have already loaned money to both clubs.
They help the playing staff are funded to the tune of £27 million pounds a year direct from the TV revenue. On that basis a similar arrangement for non playing staff would seem equitable. I know, I am barking up the wrong tree but it just seems wrong to me when in such a rich and lavish profession at the top there were emergency food banks for staff at Bolton.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
They help the playing staff are funded to the tune of £27 million pounds a year direct from the TV revenue. On that basis a similar arrangement for non playing staff would seem equitable. I know, I am barking up the wrong tree but it just seems wrong to me when in such a rich and lavish profession at the top there were emergency food banks for staff at Bolton.

I think you are onto something. How about every owner/business the buys a football club pays a bond into a pot which covers 3 months running costs for the club they are buying... something akin to what all banks now have to do, i.e. to be able to cover their risks for a certain period of time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you are onto something. How about every owner/business the buys a football club pays a bond into a pot which covers 3 months running costs for the club they are buying... something akin to what all banks now have to do, i.e. to be able to cover their risks for a certain period of time.
Sounds like an idea or that money is taken from the clubs next share in any TV payment. It is held in escrow away from the club so as those less scrupulous owners cannot access it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Talking to a good pal of mine at City last year. He said his cousin has bought Bury. Said it will soon go tits up. It did. Unfortunately the story round our way is all about the demise of Notts County. It is that bad the Forest fans to there credit had a whip around to pay the wages at County. County are/ were bust but i believe Hardy who owned them also owns Notts golf club. 2 x 18 hole courses.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Football clubs have gone bust regularly for the past 30 years. No one gives a monkeys till it's one that is media friendly. Aldershot, Maidstone, Darlington, Rushden & Diamonds, Halifax etc etc all gone and resurfaced as "phoenix clubs." If Bolton went pop tomorrow, it might make some headlines, then carry on.

Is it just "business".... well maybe that's the way of the world?

Wage inflation at the top of the game as left the rest of the pyramid struggling to keep up. Money men turn up at "hobby clubs" and pay daft wages and up they go (FGR , Salford etc) - clubs like Bury go the other way and most football clubs are legally insolvent if the conventional definition is used.

It's getting (or is that "got?") to a point where you don't need to play any matches, just hand the trophy the the Franchise (ooops, Club ;)) with the best revenue generation capacity.

It's all jolly good while Sky pump money in and all (many of?) the top players come here to play. What's left if China and Middle East really start waving their cheque books?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Football clubs have gone bust regularly for the past 30 years. No one gives a monkeys till it's one that is media friendly. Aldershot, Maidstone, Darlington, Rushden & Diamonds, Halifax etc etc all gone and resurfaced as "phoenix clubs." If Bolton went pop tomorrow, it might make some headlines, then carry on.

Is it just "business".... well maybe that's the way of the world?

Wage inflation at the top of the game as left the rest of the pyramid struggling to keep up. Money men turn up at "hobby clubs" and pay daft wages and up they go (FGR , Salford etc) - clubs like Bury go the other way and most football clubs are legally insolvent if the conventional definition is used.

It's getting (or is that "got?") to a point where you don't need to play any matches, just hand the trophy the the Franchise (ooops, Club ;)) with the best revenue generation capacity.

It's all jolly good while Sky pump money in and all (many of?) the top players come here to play. What's left if China and Middle East really start waving their cheque books?
I hope they do and all the prima donnas clear off.