burner vs hibore xl

toro57

Visit site
Demoed both clubs... 10.5* and reg.flex on both shafts...hit 2 good feeling drives on the same hole and found the hibore had a much better flight...the burner went much higher and as a result was about 15 yards shorter...Most of my time with the burner I was hooking big time while I hit more straight shots with the hibore...Maybe I'll have better results with the burner at 9.5* ...I think it has a more square face...However the was hibore was only about 4 yards longer than my trusty old 540 xd...maybe I don't need a new driver but I sure would like one...Found the hibore irons to be very forgiving and I think I'll be getting them

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Toro57,
Should definitely try the 9.5 Burner if that's possible just to make sure, but the other thing you may need to check out is whether or not your R540XD is a conforming or non-conforming one from 1st Jan 2008.

Have had a quick look on the R&A website's list of future non-conforming clubs and it appears that if the central sweetspot area of the face has scorelines you're okay, but if it is unmarked you're going to have to get yourself a new driver of some kind in 5 months time.

To check for yourself follow this link:
http://www.randa.org/index.cfm?action=rules.equipment.nonconfdrivers