bunker play

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;y7Ce9IkEv6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Ce9IkEv6M[/video]

Good video showing two methods.

I suppose its the same any shot really bob. I wouldn't open the face really wide on my 60 degree big soled lob wedge off the tightest of lies as I know the club won't slip in under the ball.

You couldn't set up the ball like lucky in the video if there was no sand or really packed wet. You would blade the life out of it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You couldn't set up the ball like lucky in the video if there was no sand or really packed wet. You would blade the life out of it.

That's my point.
Either method works fine in nice fluffy sand but what happens when it rains?
Better to learn one technique that works well in all bunkers in my opinion

KJT123

Head Pro
Visit site
That's my point.
Either method works fine in nice fluffy sand but what happens when it rains?
Better to learn one technique that works well in all bunkers in my opinion

What method works well in both condition of bunkers? Not one bunker is the same at my course, for the fluffy ones i'll open up the face and hit it hard. For the ones with hardly any sand in, i'll play it like a normal chip, but purposely try and hit behind the ball ever so slightly.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
What method works well in both condition of bunkers? Not one bunker is the same at my course, for the fluffy ones i'll open up the face and hit it hard. For the ones with hardly any sand in, i'll play it like a normal chip, but purposely try and hit behind the ball ever so slightly.

Well, you certainly cant use the bounce in compacted sand

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site

:thup: