Bunker play

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks both for the replies.

I just need to get it straight in my head about ball position when opening my stance, so I've got out my best crayons and felt tips... (yes I know it's rubbish but all I have is MS Paint)

The top one is just straight so no problem having the ball near my left foot.
In the bottom one the stance has been opened about 45°. The red ball is in the same place on the target line but would now be in the middle of the stance if swinging along the line of the feet.
The green ball is near the left foot swinging along the foot line. The Blue ball is near the left foot on the line to the target.

So if anyone's still with me, which ball (if any) is in the right place, and which line do you swing on?

Bunker Setup.jpg

Thanks again for the help.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The green ball and swing on the line of your feet.
Think of a line through your toes. Then take a right angle from your left instep. That's where the ball should be, then swing away down your toe line with gay abandon ;)

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think that's where Im going wrong as I end up hitting the red ball. I'm out first time about 90% but no real idea where it will end up! I'm now trying to be more specific. Great description in the picture Gary think it has answered what alot of us were thinking! Thanks for putting right bob.