Budget - £2000 Scrap scheme... IT DOESNT WORK!!!

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Also, with regards to the current worldwide economic situation, and our own government in power. I can't help but feel either one of two things.

1, It's either not entirely their fault about the way things are financially. It seems almost everyone in the world is in the same boat with regards to being in a financial mess/recession/depression etc. We can't blame Labour for the economic mess in Mexico, Germany,Portugal, Italy,Brazil,Iceland etc etc It seems that we're all in it together, so trust in Labour to lead us out of this mess. I can never forgive the Tories and Thatcher for they screwed this country in the 80's, and by this country I mean Wales. I'll never, ever, vote for the Conservative Party. There's no one in the Conservative Party now that I'd trust to lead this country. The leaders since Thatcher have all been muppets ; Major, Hague, IDs, Howard and especially the buffoon Cameron !!! He's a complete numpy.
Got to second that.

As for this scheme, as has been said, if you're driving a ten year old car, how could yo uafford new. But then again it's worked in Germany, so something doesn't add up. Let's not forget the great British public's idiocy when it comes to over-extending on loans, which no doubt is where the money will come from.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
EchtLoon, the thing is about loans, is that statistically, the man who has an old shitter generally isnt credit worthy for a loan or hire-purchase, again reducing significantly the ability of the scheme to work.

The only way would be for manufacturer finance houses such as GMAC (vauxhall) and Fordcredit to completely lower their acceptable risk thresholds which would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which is what got the world in the state that its in care of the USA Sub prime market.

Though its not exactly totally true that everyone who drives a banger is not cretitworthy. Some peole simply choose to drive what they have driven since the car was new or just drive £2 & below cars because they see it as an economical way of saving their money for other things.

Personally I've had my fair share of 2k cars in the past & eventually they become expensive to run & maintain. That said it is certainly a way to get more car for your money.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It seems a bit silly to me (I don't really know how it might or might not work in reality). The cars that we all want off the road (old, polluting heaps) are not owned by the might-buy-a-new-car drivers.

You're quite right RGUK. I run an eleven year old Jaguar XJ8 and I would have to seriously downgrade my car if I wanted to buy a new one that I can afford. Either that or fork out £30K plus for an equivalent new Jag.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have to say Medwayjon, that I agree with every single word in your post. It makes my blood boil it really does!

Especially when I see my Father in law suffering from a stroke and how mind numbingly slow and the red tape that my Mother in law has had to endure over the last 6 years. It's now time for him to go to a nursing home as he needs 24hr care.
I dread to think what she will have to go through now, in the coming weeks.

Did you see on the news today about the benefit rip offs in Spain? It beggars belief!

Can't wait for the winds of change!

Golfmmad.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tell you what. I met someone today who's off to the auction (Friday BCA) to buy a banger for £100....why?
Because he and the missus want to buy a new Ford.....

How does this work then, they effectively get a cheaper car by towing in some heap of junk once the papers come through...

????? me no understand......

Aint gonna work Dave as you have to own the car for 1 year.

I wonder if they did it.......D'oh!!!