BT TV/Sport

U

User62651

Hope someone call help me wrt BT sport.

I have phone and standard broadband via BT. Choices are very limited in the sticks where I live.

Where I live I cant get sky as no reception, so my tv watching has been through a built in freeview service in my Samsung smart tv which has been fine, I can get all the online catchup etc through the smart tv button on the samsung. I have standard BT broadband which gives me about 8mb as Infinity isn't available yet (coming soon they say as its in some parts of town already).

T'other day I was looking into BT TV and particularly BT Sport and for no subscription but a one off set up cost said I could have BTTV which included BT Sport. Ordered up the BT TV recevier box thing and its working ok, I get the same freeview channels with one or 2 new ones which BT call Youview and I can get access to extra BT channels via broadband - netflix, bbc iplayer, 4od etc etc.

However I am not seeing BT Sport anywhere either through the youview channels (aerial) or through broadband, the channels they're supposed to come on are number 408 or thereabout but my channels get to 260 odd then jump to 700. I get 145 channels in all.

Anyone got any sensible suggestions for why I cant find it (4 BT Sport channels)?

Is it possible I'll only be able to view BT sport channels on computer or phone rather than tv?

Kinda wishing I hadn't parted with the cash for the BT TV box now if all I'm getting is what I had before i.e freeview by another name.

I have been through the BT website for Sport, clicked the set up buttons etc but getting nowhere.

Appreciate any help........not pisstaking please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I thought you had to pay for BT Sport now. I'm on BT internet and phone and it used to be free but as soon as they got the Champions League they wanted to charge me for it. Cancelled it as I never watched it anyway.

U

User62651

There is a £5/month subscription for a fuller package of sport but there is also a free one when you have phone and broadband I think. Quite happy to pay a fiver a month for some decent football.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Am also in the sticks a little. Had BT, sure when BT Sport came out they wrote to me saying I could not have it as not on Infinity (which they were not going to be doing). Luckily it came the day the fibre optics were going in (diff supplier) so I was ditching them anyhow

See if this any use

Can I get BT Sport if I don't live in a BT Infinity area?
Yes you'll still be able to take BT Sport.
With BT Broadband
All BT Broadband customers can watch online at btsport.com and download the app to watch on their smartphone and tablet, at no extra charge.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any problem that I have had have been resolved by ringing their help line or, even easier, go to their online chat (search BT chat) put your question with your details and, if a bit complicated, they will probably ring you back.

Simples!

Did I mention understanding the accent?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have BT and got chromecast which is a small device you plug into your smart tv, then I downloaded the chromecast app to my I-pad and stream all bt sport to my tv.

I also live in a area that has no but infinaty, contacted bt and they sent me a chromecast device for free, only downside from streaming is that the picture quality sometimes is not perfect.

Last edited: