Brylcreem.. a relic of the past

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been using brut deodorant for last 3-4 years...I'm 41 today, feel like it's a very underrated scent.

As for brylcream... Since all the lockdowns my hair is longer and the old matte pastes don't cut the mustard, I wonder if brylcream could be the way forward.
It has been suggested that the Beatles long hair was the death knell for Brylcreem.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been using brut deodorant for last 3-4 years...I'm 41 today, feel like it's a very underrated scent.

As for brylcream... Since all the lockdowns my hair is longer and the old matte pastes don't cut the mustard, I wonder if brylcream could be the way forward.
Absolutely! Just a dab, rub it in and you'll look as slick as a racing pigeon ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Denis Compton (who he) endorsed it in the 40s & 50s. It was running out of steam by the end of the 60s
image_20130523130526.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never needed to use it, being a slap head from late teens

Old Spice however, now you are talking ??
A guy I used to play hockey with worked for Proctor and Gamble in the mid to late 90's. The site he was at did a lot of perfume and after shave mfr. In blind smell tests Old Spice would win most popular smell time and time again. That site produced a lot of expensive brands and it always made him laugh that this won each time.

On holiday in Florida 3 years ago I was surprised to see Old Spice has quite a range in the supermarkets still. It's tainted here as a brand but I think over there it's pretty strong.