Brylcreem.. a relic of the past

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like me, Brylcreem seems to be a relic of the past. Been a long time user. As i become more follicular challenged, I cant see the point of hair gels that provide 'extreme hold', 'non-glossy hold', 'waterproof grip' etc. the regular Brylcreem seems increasingly an online product only

am i the last remaining user?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Like me, Brylcreem seems to be a relic of the past. Been a long time user. As i become more follicular challenged, I cant see the point of hair gels that provide 'extreme hold', 'non-glossy hold', 'waterproof grip' etc. the regular Brylcreem seems increasingly an online product only

am i the last remaining user?

In my youth I used the "black" Brylcreem (gel rather than cream) but as I have aged my hair cuts get shorter and shorter and the need for styling has evaporated.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use Brylcreem when my hair gets long enough. This one in the red pot. I like the fact it doesn't go rock hard, it just holds the hair without being immediately visible that you even have hairgel on. Also my hair goes more curly when wet so it's handy that dries pretty quick.

Are they not selling it anymore or something?? I buy it very infrequently because I don't need to use it that much.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Barbers routine:

Trim Sir?
Going anywhere for your holidays?
Brylcreem Sir?
Anything for the weekend?

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Before my time, apparently when you worked at the pit, you could get hair cream in the pit head baths out of dispensers for when you was on the pull.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s impressive that Brut, Old Spice and Tabac still going strong. I was in India last year and Brut and Old Spice are very strong brands.

D

Deleted member 18121

It’s impressive that Brut, Old Spice and Tabac still going strong. I was in India last year and Brut and Old Spice are very strong brands.

I've been using brut deodorant for last 3-4 years...I'm 41 today, feel like it's a very underrated scent.

As for brylcream... Since all the lockdowns my hair is longer and the old matte pastes don't cut the mustard, I wonder if brylcream could be the way forward.