BRS Booking

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Know this has been mentioned many times.

If somebody is booking BRS on a lap top is it a split second quicker than booking on an iPad/phone?

If so why please and apologies for bringing it up again.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Know this has been mentioned many times.

If somebody is booking BRS on a lap top is it a split second quicker than booking on an iPad/phone?

If so why please and apologies for bringing it up again.
More likely to depend on the wifi network?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Superfast broadband on an ethernet connection and super fast fingers. Using a mouse must surely be faster than using fingers alone.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
All of the above - or the guys a coding genius and has created a snipe bot for your BRS :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In summer, when our course is rammed, I watch the countdown, see it get to 1 second and then tap my phone screen when I think it will hit 0 seconds. I might be a tenth or two out at times but I got pretty good at it. If you are waiting for the screen to go live then others can be ahead of you. In effect, don't wait until you see it get to 0, press when it is about to get to 0.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your finger has to press down / click on the mouse though, same thing.

It is very quick to move a mouse around a screen

I know it would not be faster for me because I have hands that are very poor with electrostatic devices such as smart screens. I often get the next key/tab activated rather than the one I want.

I know there are some with a 5G phone that say it is just as quick.

Wifi connections with a phone in my house can be very hit and miss as well, my daughter is always moaning about it. I still my computer, sky and TV hard wired.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
In summer, when our course is rammed, I watch the countdown, see it get to 1 second and then tap my phone screen when I think it will hit 0 seconds. I might be a tenth or two out at times but I got pretty good at it. If you are waiting for the screen to go live then others can be ahead of you. In effect, don't wait until you see it get to 0, press when it is about to get to 0.

That's just about what I do, although a real pain if you are that fraction too early and others have got in by the time you have refreshed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is very quick to move a mouse around a screen

I know it would not be faster for me because I have hands that are very poor with electrostatic devices such as smart screens. I often get the next key/tab activated rather than the one I want.

I know there are some with a 5G phone that say it is just as quick.

Wifi connections with a phone in my house can be very hit and miss as well, my daughter is always moaning about it. I still my computer, sky and TV hard wired.
I book via my phone, connected to wifi as the phone signal in our house is rubbish to non existent. I just have my finger over the time slot I want and then tap at the moment I need to. I can do that quicker than tap a mouse. Totally accept that doesn't work for all, my FiL for example would be the same as you regarding tapping the wrong part of his phone. Luckily both options are available but I don't think one is quicker than the other. It is down to the individual, reaction time, guess time etc.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

With IG get it it even slightly too early and it requires a repress and you have lost the time it takes you to realise nothing has happened. One of the advantages of a computer linked to the net is that the clock is absolutely spot on. Some of the IG screens go live at the exact time and cannot be pressed until they are live.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's just about what I do, although a real pain if you are that fraction too early and others have got in by the time you have refreshed.
:ROFLMAO:, yup. The jeopardy adds to the buzz though.

Saying that, I do miss the relaxed booking of my old club where you could book a Saturday morning slot of your choice 3-4 days after the timings were opened. No sitting around, watching the clock countdown etc

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I book via my phone, connected to wifi as the phone signal in our house is rubbish to non existent. I just have my finger over the time slot I want and then tap at the moment I need to. I can do that quicker than tap a mouse. Totally accept that doesn't work for all, my FiL for example would be the same as you regarding tapping the wrong part of his phone. Luckily both options are available but I don't think one is quicker than the other. It is down to the individual, reaction time, guess time etc.

What happens if you click before the time opens?

I mean, can you just continually tap tap tap on the slot time just before it opens or does an early tap bring up a message about times not available yet?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What happens if you click before the time opens?

I mean, can you just continually tap tap tap on the slot time just before it opens or does an early tap bring up a message about times not available yet?
Tapping early brings up the message you mention and you then lose seconds getting rid of that, giving someone the opportunity to grab that slot. Just relentlessly tapping is not a good idea, quite rightly. It's a gamble as to whether you wait for a clear site that booking is available or whether you trust your timing. You have to treat it like a game.