BRS Booking system.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Just joined a club with a BRS Booking system.
Bookings open at 8 am 4 weeks in advance.

I was on at 8 am yesterday and as the timer ran down to zero I started to scroll down to the time I wanted to book, before I'd even got there names were popping up!

What's the trick to maximize my chances of getting the time I want?

I was using the app on my phone.

Cheers.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When the timer gets to about 15 seconds, I scroll down to the time I want, while counting down in my head. When I get to my preferred time, I click on it repeatedly. I also avoid what are likely to be the most popular times like exactly on the hour/half hour.

I appreciate not everyone is capable of such a high degree of multi tasking :)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
When the timer gets to about 15 seconds, I scroll down to the time I want, while counting down in my head. When I get to my preferred time, I click on it repeatedly. I also avoid what are likely to be the most popular times like exactly on the hour/half hour.

I appreciate not everyone is capable of such a high degree of multi tasking :)
Might invest in a stopwatch! This looks serious business....

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I have long thought that the ability to book is either down to people having ridiculously fast broadband, or there is a hack out there. In all seriousness, my 75mps clearly doesn’t cut the mustard.

Thankfully, midweek bookings have already started to ease off at ours after the scramble for times this past week, but competition entry has always been and will continue to be a significant headache. All the times are often locked on BRS the instant it goes live which, for us, is 7.30am - three weeks in advance of comps and two weeks for casual bookings.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tee times open up at 6.30am on our system. Who's up at that time to book,I thought. I now know. My phone is bedside now. But I've gotta be quick. The last two Thursdays I've missed out of comp entry and only got a after 12 noon t time.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is rumoured that their is an app to beat the timer on BRS.

When we had BRS I swear their was one guy using it. He was always the first name on the sheet. Now we are with IG it does not happen. However most Saturdays all the slots have gone in the first few seconds. Last Monday the manager said we were fully booked 30 seconds after the sheet opened.

wjemather

Visit site
One thing to be aware of is that the countdown (on your phone/PC) is correctly synchronised with the time otherwise you will unlock too late, i.e. after the system unlocks and others have started booking.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One thing to be aware of is that the countdown (on your phone/PC) is correctly synchronised with the time otherwise you will unlock too late, i.e. after the system unlocks and others have started booking.

Pretty sure the countdown time on BRS comes from their server, not your device.

wjemather

Visit site
Pretty sure the countdown time on BRS comes from their server, not your device.
It does, but seemingly only when loading which can be affected by data transfer delays (e.g. slow/flaky internet connection) - I've noticed as much as 2-3 seconds lag, which is more than enough to miss your booking window. It's also subject to slippage if loaded early and left running in the background for any length of time. It mostly affects the web interface, but easily sorted with a refresh or two.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have only used it on my PC but the countdown on the booking screen seems to be real time. I just sir and watch the countdown and within 1 sec of the display showing 1 sec the booking facility is open an available.

But a question I have asked in another thread gas elicited no response as yet. Do you know if the time intervals can be varied within the day? eg 8 minutes am and 10 mins pm.

IanMcC

Visit site
I have only used it on my PC but the countdown on the booking screen seems to be real time. I just sir and watch the countdown and within 1 sec of the display showing 1 sec the booking facility is open an available.

But a question I have asked in another thread gas elicited no response as yet. Do you know if the time intervals can be varied within the day? eg 8 minutes am and 10 mins pm.
Yes you can, but you have to delete all tee times first. Then you can simply use the Tools/Configure Timesheet path to configure the intervals how you like.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes you can, but you have to delete all tee times first. Then you can simply use the Tools/Configure Timesheet path to configure the intervals how you like.
Thanks. I don't manage BRS but I will tell our manager as he has told some members that he can't do it.

Ridgeman

Visit site
I have noticed on my PC that times don't maintain their clock. By that I mean you can open the booking list say 5 minutes before it goes live. You seen a clock ticking down time. Now open BRS again on your PC and the clock is ahead of the one you have opened. Sometimes up to 5 seconds quicker. You need to refresh to maintain the actual time.

The Fader

Visit site
I definitely get better success using my PC or tablet as opposed to my phone.

Someone told me ages ago that every individual tee time on BRS can be accessed via its own URL based on the club,
date and time. So if you are clever enough to work it out I guess you could be signed in directly to the exact slot you want giving you
a fractional head-start on other bookers??

Disclaimer - I have never tried to do this so have no idea if it's true or works!!

Ridgeman

Visit site
I definitely get better success using my PC or tablet as opposed to my phone.

Someone told me ages ago that every individual tee time on BRS can be accessed via its own URL based on the club,
date and time. So if you are clever enough to work it out I guess you could be signed in directly to the exact slot you want giving you
a fractional head-start on other bookers??

Disclaimer - I have never tried to do this so have no idea if it's true or works!!

Doesn't work. Although the end of the address is recognisable as a time and date there is "random" very long series of letters and numbers between which changes depending on the day and time as well.

NearHull

Visit site
Doesn't work. Although the end of the address is recognisable as a time and date there is "random" very long series of letters and numbers between which changes depending on the day and time as well.
That random string is a recent change to stop the URL being ‘held’.

Fabia999

Visit site
Me and my PP pick two times out usually 10 minutes apart. at about 10 seconds countdown I sit and wait by that time, when it opens it will refresh and once you click into it, it will lock. We'll then message to say which one we will book on. Seems to work pretty well.