Broken 3 wood

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Disaster struck this evening.
Having a round, selected my 3 wood to play from the tee.
Solid contact with the ball only to watch my clubhead detatch itself from the shaft and launch itself into the middle of the fairway!

The head went further than the ball!!!

I'm now in the market for a new 3 wood.

Just the sort of luck to haunt me as my round was not particularly going too well. I think I've forgotten how to swing the clubs on the fairway, very poor.
I retrieved my clubhead but think it's pointless repairing as it was only a cheapo from the set I bought when I started playing. :(

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This has happened to me before too, but normally after a bit of abuse. My friend is still looking for the head of his 8 iron. He spent 2 hours with a metal detector.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Went shopping today for a 3 wood following the above occurrence!

Tried several on the driving range. Narrowed my choice down to 2 woods. Cobra FTD and Adams Ovation (offset).

The Cobra sounded superb off the tee, more like teeing off with a driver. Due to my current handicap and state of my game I found I sliced a few shots from the Cobra.
Trying the Adams offset I found I hit the ball straighter and longer. A real solid feel off the tee.
I also thought the shallow clubface lended itself better to fairway shots.

Plumped for the Adams.

Went up on the course this evening for a few holes and also to try out the new 3 wood.

One word WOW!!!

OK, it was windy as hell but off the 10th tee I hit the ball further than I have ever hit my cheap driver. Teed up another to make sure it wasn't a fluke, same long penetrating flight.
Grinning like a Cheshire cat I used the wood off every tee I played.
Even teeing off into the howling wind the ball punched its way through air.
Hit some fantastic shots with the majority of clubs I pulled from the bag, even my 3 hybrid.

Walked off the course at 21:30 a very happy man, and pleased that I had rediscovered the pleasure you can get from the game.
Loking forward to a full round as soon as possible now. :)