Broke 90 today!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
We only have 9-holes open so don't know if twice round counts and we have some shortened holes due to winter tees but I don't care.

My main aim today was to test run my new putter so I wasn't concentrating on scores - didn't even check the card until I got home - 89 (gross). Best thing is it could have been better!

(apologies MWJ, it was too good to stay in the office)

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well done Vis, dosen't matter what the course was like atleast you enjoyed yourself......You sound like the cat who got the milk......

Keep it up, you might break 80 soon!!!!!!!!!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Very well done.

At this stage of my game I can only dream of breaking 90. I do know that with practise and determination.........it will come, yes, it will come.

How's that for positive mental attitude? ;)

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
nice one i'm only a raw beginner but know how it feels when you break a target.....smiling from ear to ear and walking on air!so your next target is Vi....???

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
nice one, it defo counts cause my local is a 9 holer and i play that twice, par 62 and my best score was 73 gross. So yeah it defo counts well done, now you'll be playing to that all the time i expect!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice one mate, onwards and upwards!

What putter was it? Come on tell us about your best shot...... Lets get this forum feeling like a golf club house again.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well done, viscount - you know the reason, don't you? - you weren't worrying abut the score - hold on to that thought!
I'm also at that breaking 90 point (or was last summer) - great feeling.
Here's to the next time for both of us.

aliB

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
didn't even check the card until I got home - 89 (gross).

Well done mate, here's to the next one. You have found one of the secrets to a better round. If you are playing well and know it, don't, don't, don't even think about checking your score after 9, 12 or whatever holes. If your playing partner wants to tell you after 9 that you had a great first half, don't let him/her tell you what it was.

I'm sure that there must be a Murphy's Law here. Perhaps...
If you know what you shot under your handicap on the front 9 this can be multiplied by 2 and the result being your shots over on the back 9.

Just made that up but it must be true :) :)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks to all of you.
It was a bit of a surprise as I had previously only broken 100 on two occasions, and put one in a ditch and another in the lake (though I'll claim that was partly due to the wind).

htl, the putter is a Ping B60, which I had fitted. I've now retired the package putter.

Best hole was the 9th first time round. Bright sun, gusting wind. Par 4 (normally plays 316 but nearer 300 with the winter tees) slight dog leg right round the trees. Not a good drive, bit of top in it and I was left in the fringe with 160+ to go. Hit a 5-wood to 4 ft from the pin. Made the birdie.

Consistently breaking 100 was my primary target this year; now I'll be expecting low 90's with excursions to mid 80's. Might be tough but worth it.