British Masters 2019: Hosted by Tommy Fleetwood @ my golf club :)

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hillside GC May 2019 hosted by the wonderful Mr Fleetwood.

We have heard rumors and murmurs about this for a while but the whole membership got told over the weekend.

Cannot wait for us to host !

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i don't/wont read the daily fail but I am sure it mentions its the week of the 6th - 12th of May which i forgot to add in my first post.

D

Deleted member 15344

i don't/wont read the daily fail but I am sure it mentions its the week of the 6th - 12th of May which i forgot to add in my first post.
It’s the week before the USPGA which is a shame as it will affect the potential field

Hands up to Tommy for doing it because it’s going to affect his preparation for the Major - hopefully the Europeans will support him but will be surprised

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
pish formby, why play on a flat field round the woods ;)

Yeah bit of a bummer that its the week before the USPGA but hopefully the European stars come out to support. Its easy to get round the globe on these net-jet private planes these days.

D

Deleted member 15344

pish formby, why play on a flat field round the woods ;)

Yeah bit of a bummer that its the week before the USPGA but hopefully the European stars come out to support. Its easy to get round the globe on these net-jet private planes these days.

It’s not just the travel it’s also getting used to the style of course and climate before hand - whilst Hillside is a superb course it’s the total opposite of what they will face at the US PGA at Bethpage - hope I’m proved wrong but beyond Tommy it will be hard to see the top ET players there

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a text off my mate who is also a member.

He is buzzing too. So am I though. I’ll be trying to tap him up for some backstage passes 😂

Possibly my favourite course for a few reasons.

Think it will be a cracking event.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great news. Interesting that this has been confirmed so soon after doubts re the tourney's future.

And is this the event to be held in Britain previously referred to in the No BM in 2019 thread?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
That's great.

Obviously you can understand why a sponsor didn't want to step in the week before a major, when a lot top players will not consider playing on another continent the week before a major.

I'm sure the tour will lay on private travel on the Sunday afternoon straight to New York

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to hear it will be back on the schedule. Not sure what the issue is if not a lot of the big names are there. There are plenty of good players to watch, some players like to play the week before a major so there is a chance one or two will play.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Golf Monthly 2019 European Tour story

When you look at this story, that is only a few days old, it really shows you some of the problems the European Tour has. There are so many blanks in that list and players will already be trying to work out their schedules, whether they will commit to the European Tour properly or base themselves in the US and only play the minimum no. of events to try and retain membership etc.

I know there are some big changes to the golf season next year and ordinarily most of the schedule would be as per the previous year, but looking at the European Tour website right now - there is still no schedule announcement.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

We have heard rumors and murmurs about this for a while but the whole membership got told over the weekend.

That's great news, as a lot of clubs strive to get that sort of recognition. Be interested to understand what you expect the impact (if any) to be on the members in terms of affecting your ability to play in the weeks before - erecting the infrastructure, protecting the course and the like. And also what accessibility you will have to the event as a paid up member.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Excellent - it will be great to see Hillside showcased