Bring back Steve Ryder .. And ditch Dreary Lineker

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I dont have a problem with GL he hosted, he then pasted on to the Ken Brown's Wayne Grady's and Big Sam's who know there stuff to do the live feed stuff.

GL is the BBC's top sports dog so as long as they have major coverage you will be seeing more of him I'm afraid.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Homer I mean anyone who has a clue about golf and not walkers crisp lol :D

Apparently Lineker is a keen golfer, not that most of us would notice from his dreary diatribe he inflicts upon us all. So he does have some knowledge.... aparently, or should I say aledgedly.

As a golf anchor he has improved, be it marginally, but either way, I'd not mourn the back of him hosting BBC sports programing full stop.

Give us all back Hazel Irvine as an anchor or put it in the hands of Spoony, who is fanatical about golf, or Ms Jodie Kidd, who not only can handle fast cars, but also is rather keen on Golf too.

Or how about giving the Anchor role to Alice Cooper. Now that would be entertaining & Mr Cooper is a single figure player & by all acounts very knowledgeble.

Or how about as guest anchor on a Thursday & friday have Bill Murray

Vincent

Club Champion
Visit site
Please get Sam Torrance out of the commentary box. After thinking that I was on some personal crusade against Mr T, I thought I would try and see what he contributes to the commentary other than what I can observe myself. There was nothing he said on the Sunday round that I couldn't see for myself AND if I hear "simply stunning" or "absolutely gorgeous" or "Tiger is really loving this" again, I'll throw one of my brand new Commando balls through the TV..!