BRAND new shiney!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My old Callaway driver looked like it was aiming left when I addressed the ball, so without realising I was opening the face to make it square as I thought which was in turn causing my slices, when the penny finally dropped I changed to the D2 and dont regret it for a second, just address the ball and away you go do a good swing and it goes staight do a bad one and it don't, at least then I know it is me and not how the club is sitting

i know exactly what you mean. i used my old R7 when i was at home for easter and couldnt get my head around the fact it seemed to point to the left (closed) at address. id been so used to the open A1 setting on the 910. it ruined my round :(

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
***Driver update***

Well I've now had a few rounds and several range sessions and all I can say is I love this club.

(measurements from google earth)

I'm averaging drives of 265 yards and straight. The only problem I am having is aiming that far right as I used to fade my drives around 20 yards which was killing my distance and accuracy. I have also been able to concentrate on my ball striking over trying to hit the ball straightish, ​with a good trajectory and keeping it on the course. This has also helped with the rest of the bag as I'm not trying to take the skin off the ball every time I hit one. Yesterday in the monthly stableford I hit 4 FIRs, the missed ones were all down to not aiming far enough right with the driver, and 8 GIRs resulting in a nice 2 on our 197 yard par 3 7th which has the most slope of any green.

Already looking to try the 3 and 5 woods to see how I get on with them with a view to adding them to the bag.