Brand Allegiance

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think a lot of it comes from amateurs wanting to look like tour players. I also think if you are honest then you will agree. It Isn't a bad thing at all, in fact it happens in all sports and all walks of life. The mind is powerful and if you convince yourself that a product is better for you, it will be!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Couldn't find any TM mittens when I needed to buy some so went with Cally. They do the job and when its minus 4 and you are last off the tee in your group as long as it keeps my hand warm until the moment I have to tee it up and paly I'm not fussed. I probably will look next year though!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never been tempted to buy matching clothes and sundries. Most golf gear comes from Cotton Traders or Decathlon as is cheap as chips but does the job. Have a faithful Srixon cap that just feels comfortable, the rest is a mix of whatever I find at the right price.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree with ademac. My dad taught me from a very young age that if you feel good you will play well. He had me polishing my own football boots from the age of 6 and always made sure I looked after my sports gear ensuring that I neverleft anything in the kitbag to go mouldy or smelly.

He would make sure I looked after my clubs, particularly if I had been playing in the rain or mud and that my bag was givne time to dry out before taking it back to the club and into my locker. He was a great one for looking the part and that if you dressed like a winner you could play like one. (no dirty shoes, clean golf jumper etc)

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are certain brands of clubs, putters, wedges & clothing etc that I have more faith in than others & will tend to look to those as first choices, though I really will not allow myself to be blinkered to the possibility that some brands over time will come to the fore & others will fade away in quality.

For instance I'm more likely to buy footjoy shoes, but If I find another brand I can trust I wont blindly only exclusively buy footjoy. But whilst they provide me with what I need in a shoe for instance I'll continue to buy footjoy. Same idea aplies to anything else

For Putters I know I can get what I need from a bladded Yes Putter, but there are tonnes of other putters i have faith in too.

Ping do some great irons woods, putter etc, but not all their ranges appeal to me. Some things they do well like putters, but the Yes putter I mentioned is the predominant choice at the moment.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I am drifting towards the Cobra kit, I love my FP's and the DWS is the best Hybrid I have used, though I am still unsure on their drivers but I did like the F speed it just lacks the distance of the Yonex at this time.

ricardodaintino

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got cally mits! Warmest gloves I've ever owned and they slip on over the glove easy too.

Clothing wise I don't really stick to a brand, whatever is in the sale and looks good, or warm/dry etc...

Clubwise, I'm becoming a bit of a wilson staff whore. I bought the Ci7 irons to see me through from a high handicap down to mid to high (work in progress) and after seeing Harrington's shot on the 17th at Birkdale I thought I'd try out the fybrid fairways and they are amazing.

Strayed slightly with a new vokey wedge, and have my eye on either a Titleist 909 D2 or the wilson Smooth driver when they both are properly released.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I too was also a callaway whore. When I got into the game, it was really the first brand I saw and played wth, also my Pal was a callaway staff player at the time and threw me a couple of freebies. Once I bought the irons the bag followed, then the towel, gloves, etc. Was fitted for my driver and tried everything but ended up with...Yes a Callaway, FT-5.

Anyway, got sick of the x20's, just couldn't get on with them. Tried the Mizuno's and fell inlove with the brand immediatly. I tried a few different brands at the golf show and have tried most makes at some point, but nothing feels as good as a mizuno iron. Sworn not to be a 'brand stand' though so bought an Ogio bag to put the bats in.

Do love the titleist woods.

Have no craving to match my kit now, Will just buy what ever suits

The only brand I can see me staying with would be oddysey for putters.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am a brand man

- Woods have to be Callaways
- Irons have to look great (hence NO Callaways)
- Wedges have to be Cleveland
- Putter an Odyssey although I did use a PING model in the past

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
I found being away from the game for quite a while i felt a bit left behind on the 'new' technology front. I looked around on the different manufacturers web sites and tried as many different clubs out at AG and the range but too be quite honest it was Callaways site that swung it in the end purely because of the information available about all of their clubs.
I love the FT-i driver, it's really light and straight and it was the first club i bought. This made me lean towards buying their irons in the end.
I have also finished up with one of their bags but i thought it was getting a bit much having everything Callaway so i have been buying Nike clothing lately.
I'm really tempeted to get an Odyssey putter but funnily enough i tried a Nike one out yesterday and i really liked it.
So basically brand loyalty is ok to a point after which it becomes a tad ridiculous. However whatever new equipment i need in the future it will almost certainly be Callaway that i will look at first and it will have to be something exceptional to make me buy another brand.