Boxing Day Sales

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My eldest is currently working part time at Next at our local Retail Park. I dropped him off at 0730hrs this morning. Next was the only shop open and the whole retail park car park was full to overflowing. Queue's were bordering on football/rock concert proportions.

I was just glad to be dropping him off and making my escape.

Has anybody else had the pleasure of attending the Sales !

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm staying tucked up warm at home, if I didn't get it before Christmas I don't need it now. I cannot ever remember buying anything I needed cheap in the sales, bought plenty of rubbish though.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just been out with my daughter and bought a 32" LCD reduced in the Comet sale from £449.00 to £279.00. Bit of a bargain and she has been on for ages about getting a new telly.
Shops were packed out.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Loads come with Freeview built in Bob. Some with FreeSat too, but you'll need a satellite dish to benefit from that.
The one we bought this morning has Freeview built in, and for £279.99 it was a bit of a bargain.
The Panasonic Plasma I've just bought myself also has Freeview built in, and the picture quality is not too bad to be honest.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a quick mooch around. Nowt for me. Had hoped to get a few gadgets to go with kids/wife prezzies. Tesco were supposedly doing stuff on sale (wii games/dvd/?) but not here apparently.
Ended up buying a £4.80 pair of headphones with Sony Ericsson pop port to rig up daughters sony walkman phone to mp3 portable speaker.
Mightily tempted by a Panasonic LCD :)
Ought to brave PC world sometime for a wireless printer....

Dead t.b.h. around here.

Putting_Green_Pro

Q-School Graduate
www.heyrosegolfclub.com
If your going to buy a TV, you should do it before 2010 because of the VAT. Yes, I know if your spending that much you could probably afford the extra 2.5% but if your going to take advantage of the sales you may as well get it for the cheapest price possible

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK then, who's doing the best TV deals? I want to get next years holiday sorted first (maybe tomorrow) but I'd also like to get a better TV before the new year.

I looked at the Hitachi in Comet but the contrast ratio of the Toshiba is a lot better.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Updated version of mine (26" Panasonic TX series) in Tesco for £299.

I drove half way to Scotland to get this 24 months ago for £499.

:)

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Local Panasonic and Sony Shops have both got sales on and Interest Free Credit. Check yours out.

Andy

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Bob wanted information about those without Freeview not with.

Bob has received an apology as I mis-read his question.

OK then, who's doing the best TV deals? I want to get next years holiday sorted first (maybe tomorrow) but I'd also like to get a better TV before the new year.

Richer Sounds are doing some very good deals at the moment.
;)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
ended up with an LG 1080p out of Curry's partly because the Sharp I went to see was advertised as a contrast ratio of 50000:1 but turned out to be 7,500.

(HID's grandaughter worked for Sony, she reckoned Panasonic, Sony, Samsung and LG are 4 of the top 5 or 6 at the moment)