books...

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
Just awaiting delivery of Hogan's five lessons and wondered if there are any others the forummers would recommend.
ps 'Swing Like a Pro'....anygood?

ricardodaintino

Head Pro
Visit site
Mark Frost is a good shout. Novelisations of poignant golfing moments - great read.

Bob Rotella - He won't teach you how to swing the club but my god has he got some great ideas, and he is on Paddy Harringtons payroll so its fair to say he's a trusted souce.

Harvey Penick (apologise about the spelling) Infamous golf coach. Read His 'little red book'

That should keep you going!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive been in my garage lots of times since comming on this site, searching for a book of funny golf odes/poems and I havent yet found it in order to tell you guys about it.

Im having an impotent time of my life just now folks! :eek: :p

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Owt by Feinstein,Tom Cox or Lawrence Donegan (once of the Bluebells fact fans!) are all worth a go.

Just reading Tales from Q School by John Feinstein and the heartbreaking tale of Jaxon Brigman (yes that is the correct spelling) who played himself onto the PGA tour only to find his partner had written down the wrong score on one hole (4 not 3) then circled it for a birdie (which Brigman did score).So Brigman added it as a Birdie as did the scorer.

He shot 65 to get in right on the number but his partner marked him for a 66 now that has to hurt :eek:

jimnic007

Hacker
Visit site
I am half way through Frosts account of "the greatest game ever played" which is the battle between Francis Ouimet and Harry Vardon's match in the 1913 US Open and it is a brilliant read, I can't recommend it enough.