Boo @ 66/1

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
This has got to be worth a punt??? 66/1! Going to put a fiver on later.

Also all the Sky pundits are saying Tiger to win? What you reckon?

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If Tiger does win, it will say far more about the mental state of other golfers than it will about his ability. Having not played competetive golf since the Masters, if he wins, it will be very bad for the game. He just cannot possibly be prepared for a major with that run up.

Boo at 66/1 is definitely worth a few quid, although I'm not sure he is major material. That said, golf is just about the hardest gamble to take, so why not?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
This may well be laughed at but I wouldn't mind an each way bet on Aaron Baddeley @ 80/1. If his game falls together he is a superb player and certainly strikes the ball well enough to be in contention.

You can never over look Tiger though can you, it is a brave man who writes him off and bets against him.

And whilst we're on the subject of odds I would want more than 25/1 to tempt me into betting on Harrington, an unjustified 4th favourite in my opinion. Even though he did well last week and his talent is unquestionable I just can't see him doing well but hopefully he proves me wrong.

I think I would only bet each way on BOOOOOO aswell, I think it is unlikely he will win but he could finish highly, I can see him having two good rounds an average round and a poor round that takes him out of contention for the win. My heart says he will do well as I like the guy, but my head is telling me he will disappoint- I don't know why.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where did you get those odds on Baddeley eaglehunter? They seem a bit too good to miss.

Really cant see Woods winning, if he does WOW I am going to be impressed!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will be having a flutter when I get home, all gambling sites are blocked from work computers! GGGRRRRR!!!

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Lee Westward is worth a couple of quid. He can hit th ball long and straight and on a course of over 7600 yards it will be needed.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
all gambling sites blocked- I love it haha.

Yea 80/1 is readily available even in the big three high street bookies, Stan James, Ladbrokes and Corals, they are all offering 80s on Baddeley.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
What sites do you guys use to place ya bets or do you just go to the bookies?

Never really been into betting but wouldnt mind a 10er on the golf now and then and I wouldnt know what to do in the betting shop!

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dont do it lads - LOL - I am just p1553d off today as those French b*****ds let me down for £85 last night last time they let me down was £1800 in the world cup.

I dont bet much but golf seems to be soooooo hard to predict I just dont see how you can do it. I generally do a small bet on the second day.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont do it lads - LOL - I am just p1553d off today as those French b*****ds let me down for £85 last night last time they let me down was £1800 in the world cup.

I dont bet much but golf seems to be soooooo hard to predict I just dont see how you can do it. I generally do a small bet on the second day.

haha they let me down as well, I was only going to win £100 if they won and then Spain won tonight. Not quite the same but I am still annoyed :mad: . It won't put me off betting on the golf mind.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just placed my bet with Corals. I only put £2 each way on them, and did Furyk, Baddeley and Weekley just for the fun of it. Now I have got back though I quite fancy Andres Romero E/W at 80s. And apparently most of the money has been going on Sergio, so his odds are going to be cut shortly.

I reckon Tiger will go and win now though just to spoil my fun. But one of my three must get placed surely! Oh well you pay your money, you take your chance.

good luck to the rest of you placing a bet.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have put 2.50 each way on Sergio, weekley, rose, baddeley + Romero

One of them better come in for me.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
You did Romero- Good man, I like the look of him. And with Rose and Sergio you have to get a payout somewhere or you are very very unlucky. Baddeley and Weekley really do look like good bets aswell, I just hope they don't disappoint. What odds did you get?

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Put a few quid on Romero too, also some other top tip outsiders

Mike Weir - good form and likes the course, and has great us open record. 66-1 (just cut to 45-1 on skybet)

Allenby - good form too, top for GIR at St Jude last week. 100-1 (again just cut to 66-1)

Adam Scott- overdue a major, long and straight, playing with Mickelson and Woods so could get dragged along if they play well, and 45-1!

Robert Karlsson is my top european tip, amazing string of top 3's and 2nd in wales, on top form, did well in masters. a bargain at 80-1.

Good Luck.

Hopefully will get another long odds come in, very possible,i had Zach Johnson for the masters last year at 175-1!, missed out on immelman tho, he was 150 to 200-1 for masters! so does happen, i would imagine Cabrera was long odds last year too.

BTW- Paddypower are paying first 6 places on each way.