Bogey clubs

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wondering which clubs people struggle with.

I have been playing my irons quite well on the course but struggling at the range think i am just rushing it. However, i struggle with my 3,5 woods and hybrid and also my 5 ibrid iron. I haven't quite mastered the full swing yet with a driver but generally hit it around 210-230 with an unintentional fade or draw.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did have a problem with my hybrid but it was purely psychoogical. I could be hitting the ball well with all my other clubs but put my hybrid in my hand and it would all go to pieces. Have now got over it and has been my one of my more consistant clubs recently.

By fairway woods have always been a bit patchy but am persevering rather than swap them for hybirds.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Am playing so bad right now that I am not hitting anything longer than 5iron off the deck,even then I think twice.

Thank God for my rescue club or I would be properly in the poo!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I always struggled with my 3 hybrid. I then taught myself not to try to hit it so hard on the downswing. Getting good distance now from it.
I struggle with my woods on the fairway. Direction is sometimes a lottery.
4 iron sometimes fails me, especially when I end up taking a huge divot!

I am however learning with every round.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am shocked at the amount of people mentioning their hybrid/utilities/rescues. These clubs are meant to be virtually the easiest club to hit bar none and are certainly designed to make the game easier yet a lot of people are struggling with them. And without meaning to gloat I absolutely love mine, it is difficult to hit a bad shot with it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
irons and 5-wood. however as I've (finally) started to get some good strikes with the 4h (200+ yds Friday) I think I may be able to translate this to the 5.
irons remain a problem but I'm taking lessons and I think I may have sussed the problem - just got to see if I'm right.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
4 iron is really only useful for chipping out from under trees. Used to hit long irons really well, even carried a two iron for a while, but this side of my game has gone to bits. Considering replacing it with another hybrid, but worried my bag might look 'over head covered'.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doesn't matter what the bag looks like murth as long as you are happy with whats in their.

I used to hate long irons but now I can use em, i will pull the 4 iron out in a flash!

For me it seems to be the woods i struggle with, dont know why!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It might be me that doesn't like too many headcovers.

I think that for my level of golf, maybe a set of irons that blends from blade to cavity back in the long irons would be a better bet than the muscleback clubs I play with now. From 5 downwards I get away with the blades, but the 4 and the 3 are too difficult to hit consistently. I feel a set of titleist zbs coming on....

Probably cheaper to just get another hybrid though.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
I had the same problem with my old 690mb not being able to use the 3 and 4 iron i now got the 695cb irons which are much easier to hit through the bag like game improvement irons really just smaller

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
JF - No I haven't tried these. They might be a better compromise as they look more 'iron like' than the hybrids. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind trying out a straight forward better players 4 and 3 iron, like a 755 for instance, or a 690 CB.