Boat Of Garten Golf Club

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Took loads. these where the worst, could get the others to attach.

Greens were very slow though, growing season still not started there yet

D

Deleted member 21258

Any pictures I can focus on, without my eyes going burlyo_O;):)

Looks nice (y)

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
took a fair few, but they just wouldn't load.

well worth a visit if you were up here, only after all the links courses though:)

Played it in October 2017 and was bitterly disappointed. The condition was awful, it had more sand on the tees and greens than in the bunkers. I wouldn't rush back and I'd never stay in the boat again if you paid me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played it in October 2017 and was bitterly disappointed. The condition was awful, it had more sand on the tees and greens than in the bunkers. I wouldn't rush back and I'd never stay in the boat again if you paid me.

i would suggest playing in summer TBH. def would not go there in Oct.

June to Aug, you have to remember where it is after all

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i would suggest playing in summer TBH. def would not go there in Oct.

June to Aug, you have to remember where it is after all
I guess it varies from year to year I played it mid september 2016 and had fabulous conditions.Firm fairways and good greens.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I guess it varies from year to year I played it mid september 2016 and had fabulous conditions.Firm fairways and good greens.
sure but if you go to places like this out of season, you can't expect the courses to be in A1 condition.

Remember when we had a meet here at the end of March in 2010 after the Big Castle Stuart opening. a few were unhappy with the condition then, but even the week before it had been under 4 foot of Snow, there was even a train derailed due to a snow drift in Carrbridge some 3 miles away

U

User62651

Where's the boat?

They've had a bridge for a while on the adjacent River Spey!;) Used to be a historical crossing point.

Love the course, good challenge and not overly long like newish Spey Valley course a few miles away. Growing up nearby our golf seasons were shortish but we had skiing in winter instead. Not much in the village bar the Steam Railway but you're in the Cairngorms National Park with a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do. Kinchurdy Road in Boat of Garten would be one of my 'if I could afford it' places to stay in UK, beautiful setting. Locals call it Millionaires Row.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
They've had a bridge for a while on the adjacent River Spey!;) Used to be a historical crossing point.

Love the course, good challenge and not overly long like newish Spey Valley course a few miles away. Growing up nearby our golf seasons were shortish but we had skiing in winter instead. Not much in the village bar the Steam Railway but you're in the Cairngorms National Park with a lot of outdoorsy stuff to do. Kinchurdy Road in Boat of Garten would be one of my 'if I could afford it' places to stay in UK, beautiful setting. Locals call it Millionaires Row.
yep some nice Houses down that road, not sure i would want to live there though;)