Bloody been made redundant

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Keep the chin up lad, a few of my customers cleaned me out 8 weeks ago, and I had to close straight away. 2 days later the wife went into work to find the recievers in control. No redundancy or notice for either of us. So far the scummers in the dole have not paid me a bit. Savings depleating fast but I have had loads of golf, so much I have won most of the prizes going while looking for a job.
Its not soo bad - you will struggle on, chin up and keep playing.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I feel genuinely sorry for you in this situation. I'm sure there are many of us on here that have the threat of it hanging over us; me included.

As others have said, take it as an opportunity, and a new open door. Easier said than done I'm sure, as I'd be screwed it it happened to me right now.

Good luck.

ps

I used to be a postie when I was 19. Worked in the morning and windsurfed in the afternoons!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Thanks for the advice guys, the cash doesnt seem to good for being a postie so might have to reconsider that one, I have 3 months "at risk" then on 10th March receive my redundancy notice which I will be taking.

Anyone watching the womens golf? I think even I could give them a run for their money ;) I wonder if I could join the womens tour lol

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
Never a good time mate ....sure something will come along. Mate of mine said if he was ever laid off he would take the first job offered.......true to his word he was laid off two weeks ago from his gardening job and started last week working on.....a pig farm! He loves it! Keep all options open and you will be fine.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Terrible news Parmo.
Been there, done it mate.
Took a while to find what I wanted but got there in the end.
I had to work. Needed money obviously, but couldn't face the prospect of living off the state, even though I've paid into it all my working life.

Hope your job hunting goes well Parmo. I'm sure there's a good job out there for you.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seems there's a lot of it about. My three months garden leave finishes at the end of the year. I have played loads of golf and applied for loads of jobs - got my first interview this week coming up. Wife has just been told last week that she will go middle of next year. At least we both have long service so the payoff will soften the blow, but I'm not looking forward to signing on for the first time in 23 years.

Chin up though, I'm sleeping like a baby without the work stress!

Visit site
Really sorry to hear your news mate but sounds like you have a bit of time to sort something out.

I am a strong beliver in things happen for a reason. I was made redundant 3 times in one year! 15 years ago and just felt like crap. But looking back they were average jobs and I am now working for a very good guy and love going to work every day.

All the best mate.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Parmo, take the positives from it if you can, is it time to change your area of work, or possibly look for something similar to what you do only closer to home or a position that has more perks (Im assuming you dont have the ultimate job, I dont think it exists!!).
Im in IT 13 years now and every so often I get a hankering for a total change in direction, but every time I do, I am left wondering what else would make me happier. Im lucky to be in a company/trade where the market stays steady and job security is pretty good, do I gamble that or stick where Im reasonably happy...