Blade or mallet putter?

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
More and more top tour pros are using the mallet type, ask Poulter to change. TM white smoke MC72 for me, first thing I done was change the crap TM grip. On the way to a scratch tie win I had 19 putts in 14 holes….game over. In club championship qualifying, with a front 9 of 3 under par, birdies at all three par fives, all single putts. (I cant hit em in two)

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been using a blade recently (soon to be in for sale...)!

Mallets adjust feel, to me, much more stable. That said I don't like huge mallets, will be buying a rossie size one.

I'd love to be as consistent with a blade putter as they look much better over the ball but why make things more difficult than they need to be?

sydney greenstreet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mallet for me all day, had played a donnay mallet for years and upgraded to a Rossie, both look very similar hence the reason i went and bought an odyssey as i wanted the same head type and bend in shaft as my old putter.
Rossie on the left Donnay on the right.

Attachments

• SN202988.jpg
    SN202988.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 5

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've used a face-balanced mallet for nearly 15 years now.
Began playing with a typical Anser style toe-heavy putter and thought it was ok.
Then I used a Mate's mallet and immediately it felt better.
If I go back to a toe-heavy now I can feel the toe seemingly moving much faster than the rest of the putter and it's just plain odd!
Don't know what sort of stroke I have - just that a mallet feels right and others don't.