Blackmoor 23rd September Society Challenge

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just back from playing the lovely Blackmoor course, thanks to Richart for the invite. Cheers to Liverpoolphil and Smiffy too for your company with Rich.

I can't think of much to write about the golf, except personally managing to hit one of Phils balls as straight and true as can be and that Smiffy and I managed to do a combined 7 putt on the 10th!

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Many thanks Richard for inviting us all to the clubs society day event, as always, the course was in good shape. Thanks also to my playing partners for a very enjoyable round.

Thankfully the greens were not as quick as they can be, although I gather there was a certain person who had a bit of trouble on the 10th :)

Smiffy and I managed to do a combined 7 putt on the 10th!

Fancy implying that Smiffy cannot putt!! (We know better though :) )

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just got in. Feel like death warmed up. Can hardly walk. Sam commented that I was home earlier than expected. I told her I got asked to leave the clubhouse early for farting at an inopportune moment.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just got in. Feel like death warmed up. Can hardly walk. Sam commented that I was home earlier than expected. I told her I got asked to leave the clubhouse early for farting at an inopportune moment.

That explains everything Rob - get well soon!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can only echo the comments of others.

Great day out on a super course in OKish company :whistle:.

If only a certain person hadn't had a recent putting lesson, we might have been in with a chance of getting near the prizes :mmm:

Thanks to Rich for getting the 4 teams together and letting me in at the last moment.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
That explains everything Rob - get well soon!
Yes get well soon Rob. Thought your partner could have been more sympathetic towards you, and not make you go as white as a sheet on the 10th.

I hear Phil is consulting injury lawyers for you Chris.:whistle::D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes get well soon Rob. Thought your partner could have been more sympathetic towards you, and not make you go as white as a sheet on the 10th.

It's me that needs help, not Smiffy. I am considering action for hurt feelings!

I hear Phil is consulting injury lawyers for you Chris.:whistle::D

I only did what many forummers would gladly have paid me to do!

D

Deleted member 15344

It's me that needs help, not Smiffy. I am considering action for hurt feelings!

I only did what many forummers would gladly have paid me to do!

Today was great fun - cheers guys

It was also a day of first

1. First time I have ever seen a 5 putt from 20ft

2. Smiffy speechless

3. Hitting a fellow competitors ball and not getting a penalty

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another great day out at one of my favourite courses.

Saw another side to Blackmoor today wet fairways with no roll out and really soft slow greens.

Cant believe myself and my partner Twire both went out of bounds off the 10th our first hole of the day for a double NR.

Thanks to Preat and Simon for there company,laughs and banter great company.

Thx to Neil for coming in on 5 holes that really helped:rolleyes:

Lucky enough to have Neil drive me today in his super posh new Porche Christ its swift.

Did I mention Simon missed a putt from 6"

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Another great day out at one of my favourite courses.

Saw another side to Blackmoor today wet fairways with no roll out and really soft slow greens.

Cant believe myself and my partner Twire both went out of bounds off the 10th our first hole of the day for a double NR.

Thanks to Preat and Simon for there company,laughs and banter great company.

Thx to Neil for coming in on 5 holes that really helped:rolleyes:

Lucky enough to have Neil drive me today in his super posh new Porche Christ its swift.

Did I mention Simon missed a putt from 6"

I lipped out twice from there, if they had gone in we'd have beaten you :p

Where's there bigger hole thread :whistle:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Getting your excuses in early for Sunday Rob? :whistle:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just back from playing the lovely Blackmoor course, thanks to Richart for the invite. Cheers to Liverpoolphil and Smiffy too for your company with Rich.

I can't think of much to write about the golf, except personally managing to hit one of Phils balls as straight and true as can be and that Smiffy and I managed to do a combined 7 putt on the 10th!

To be fair Chris I understand there was a lot of talking going on whilst you were putting.

Etiquette where has it gone,unbelievable

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks to Rich for organising, another top day at Blackmoor. Thanks to Preet, for putting up with me as a partner I was awful today. Also thanks to Tony and Neil for their company.

As always a great time had at a forum meet :D

I think blobbing 4 holes would suggest we were equally incompetent Simon.:mad:
I would happily have told you where you were going wrong except for one thing.... I don't know why the ball goes where it goes either - it seems to have a mind of a woman - always changing!! :whistle: Thanks for putting up with me!

Many thanks also to Neil and Tony for their company even though Tony was moan, moan, moan all the way round - he never let up...

on his partner!! :p

Thanks for the invite, Rich. I hope to have another chance to trundle round Blackmoor - I really enjoyed it!:thup:

Chris - I will pass on the Putting Shirt Of Shame when next we meet!! :ears: