Blackmoor 23rd September Society Challenge

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
To be fair Chris I understand there was a lot of talking going on whilst you were putting.

Etiquette where has it gone,unbelievable

Tony, it's nice to know that there's a real gentleman on the forum. Right put me off they did and Liverpoolphil, lying on his back, legs in the air, laughing like a drain possibly didn't help.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just back from my favourite course due to a static M25 for almost an hour! Thanks to Rich for the invite & organising the day for us, the course played long today I felt but it still looked great, the food as always was top notch. Thought Wookie & I were going to burn it up as we turned with 24 points only to fall away on the back 9 starting with a double blob on the 10th so ended up halving our match with 37 points. Thanks to my partner Simon and also our GM opposition of Sean & Richard, there was a mixed bag of good & bad from all of us, but a great day was had, thanks guys :D

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks again Rich for the invite and apologies for shooting off straight after scoffing the food, I was on school run duty today.:eek:
The course was pretty as ever and the fairways and greens were immaculately well kept.

Honours even in our game and considering how well Fish and Wookie played the front nine, we'd take that. Cheers to my pp Rikkitikk who like me was a bit out of sorts but we dovetailed quite nicely and could have (really should have) nicked a win in the end.

Highlight of the day, Fish hits a great drive down the middle of 14, chunks his approach, is very unhappy with himself and then gets heckled by the GM group on 15. To which he replied "F*** off" rather loudly. :D

Actually Fish you drove the ball really well today but thankfully no bragging rights this time, 37 pts apiece.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Highlight of the day, Fish hits a great drive down the middle of 14, chunks his approach, is very unhappy with himself and then gets heckled by the GM group on 15. To which he replied "F*** off" rather loudly. :D

I was in that group and I must apologise for Liverpoolphil's behaviour.
We all saw Robin fat that particular shot, and my heart went out to him at the time. I know exactly how he felt, because when I was a chomper like him I used to hit terrible shots like that so fully understand how he must have felt.
For LP to then come out with "Nice drive though" was downright rude, and he really did deserve the earbashing that he got from Robin. I was blushing. It was disgusting.
We all had a quiet word with Phil and he has promised never to do anything like that again.
For me, it spoilt what was an otherwise perfect day.

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pretty much all been said above so thanks Rich - at £40 including food before and after its definitely a great day out and great value.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was in that group and I must apologise for Liverpoolphil's behaviour.
We all saw Robin fat that particular shot, and my heart went out to him at the time. I know exactly how he felt, because when I was a chomper like him I used to hit terrible shots like that so fully understand how he must have felt.
For LP to then come out with "Nice drive though" was downright rude, and he really did deserve the earbashing that he got from Robin. I was blushing. It was disgusting.
We all had a quiet word with Phil and he has promised never to do anything like that again.
For me, it spoilt what was an otherwise perfect day.

Fair comment Smiffy. It was right that you sat Liverpoolphil on the naughty step so that we could talk him through his quite amazing breach of decency, I'm sure that when the scene unfolded he even smiled and almost broke into laughter. I think it's because Phil has never been a chomper like Fish is!

I hope Fish can takes Homers much given advice and seeks a lesson or two from his PGA. Pro, movers off "chomper" status and never needs to be goaded in to that sort of language in the future- shame on you Phil!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I hope Fish can takes Homers much given advice and seeks a lesson or two from his PGA. Pro, moves off "chomper" status and never needs to be goaded in to that sort of language in the future

So do I Chris. If anyone looks like a proper golfer it's Robin.
If I had more time, I'd try to get out with him and take him under my wing.
I'm sure I could have him down to 18 in no time.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
So do I Chris. If anyone looks like a proper golfer it's Robin.
If I had more time, I'd try to get out with him and take him under my wing.
I'm sure I could have him down to 18 in no time.

For sure Smiffy, anyone who wears that much Galvin Green is going to look right. Fish, down to 18, mmmmm, it's a bit like the 25 to single figures thread mate, even with your knowledge a tall order!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Picture of Robin trying to remove his 7 iron from the fairway after losing his cool...
MG-5691.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pic, it was taken on my phone.

Last edited:

rikkitikk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks to rich for organising this. It was a great day.

Great playing partners and Fish's driving was very good all day long so I can see the handicap coming down.

D

Deleted member 15344

I can't believe Robin is getting stick fro a guy who 5 putted !! And another who can only last 9 holes :D

Poor show poor poor show :(

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The hallowed fairways of Blackmoor have never heard such language before.:eek: I was in the group in front, and was shocked, and it takes a lot to shock me.

Well it did until I saw an old boy five putt, and blame his partners.:eek:oo: No one could possibly believe Smiffy, Liverpoolphil and myself would have anything but dignified silence through such an unfortunate melt down.. We showed Suzann Pettersen what true sportsmanship is all about.:thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The
The hallowed fairways of Blackmoor have never heard such language before.:eek: I was in the group in front, and was shocked, and it takes a lot to shock me.

Well it did until I saw an old boy five putt, and blame his partners.:eek:oo: No one could possibly believe Smiffy, Liverpoolphil and myself would have anything but dignified silence through such an unfortunate melt down.. We showed Suzann Pettersen what true sportsmanship is all about.:thup:

I've been a fervent supporter of Delc's larger hole campaign and had Blackmoor had bucket holes, it would have only been a 4 putt! Shame on Blackmoor for not helping us yippy pensioners out!

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers for the invite Rich, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's always great to see old and new faces.... and there was certainly some very old faces :D

Thanks to Preet and Simon for their company, and a special mention for my partner Tony, who after going to the gym 4-5 times a week still wasn't strong enough to carry me.

Oh and my apologies to Tony for me being a grumpy old git in the car. I'm not the most patient of drivers anymore.