Birmingham City FC - the soap opera

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sounds as depressing and full of heartache as being a Fulham fan. Having gone through things like the Bulstrode affair when he wanted to sell the cottage and merge with QPR, to the highs of the Al Fayed era and a European final, we're now back in the second tier, having had three managers last year including one that was an incompetent on a grand scale (Magath). We now need a five man panel to choose a new manager apparently even though everyone wants Symons to get the job

D

Deleted member 18588

So Gary Rowett becomes the 22nd manager since I started going down the Blues, that's nearly as many as Leeds have had this season or so it seems.

Like all his predecessors I wish him well and like virtually all the supporters I do not set my demands or expectations too high. Just restoring some pride after recent performances, oh! and playing the players in their correct positions

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Like all his predecessors I wish him well and like virtually all the supporters I do not set my demands or expectations too high. Just restoring some pride after recent performances, oh! and playing the players in their correct positions

That's all we want as Fulham fans too. Players that give a solid shift and ideally playing decent style of football (not the old Wimbledon or Stoke long ball). Of course we want results too (fickle aren't we) but sometimes as long as you've played well especially against top sides you'd take that

D

Deleted member 18588

That's all we want as Fulham fans too. Players that give a solid shift and ideally playing decent style of football (not the old Wimbledon or Stoke long ball). Of course we want results too (fickle aren't we) but sometimes as long as you've played well especially against top sides you'd take that

Absolutely!

My team gets beaten; I don't like it but accept it as a fact of footballing life. If, however, they appear to give up and seem detached from the whole process i.e. they can't be a**ed then I cannot accept that.

That is what was disturbing in the latter stages of Lee Clark's management. The quality of the squad made it unlikely that we could challenge for promotion but they should be capable of mid-table mediocrity. Instead, seemingly due to poor attitude and lack of motivation we are struggling in 23rd position.

If Gary Rowett can, at least, instil a little belief and fight into the players the fans, myself included, will back them.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So Gary Rowett becomes the 22nd manager since I started going down the Blues, that's nearly as many as Leeds have had this season or so it seems.

22 managers in a life time is good going! I'm at 7 ; Barry Fry, Trevor Francis, Steve Bruce, Alex Mcelish, Chrissy Hughton, Lee Clark and now one of my schoolboy hero's; Gary Rowett!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If Gary Rowett can, at least, instil a little belief and fight into the players the fans, myself included, will back them.

That's exactly what Symons has done at Fulham. We're not going to be in the play offs but after one point in the first eight games we should still get mid table with ease. However there's a rumour going round that Bruce is being lined up. Dear god no

D

Deleted member 18588

22 managers in a life time is good going! I'm at 7 ; Barry Fry, Trevor Francis, Steve Bruce, Alex Mcelish, Chrissy Hughton, Lee Clark and now one of my schoolboy hero's; Gary Rowett!!

Your seven plus Arthur Turner, Pat Beasley, Gil Merrick, Joe Mallett, Stan Cullis, Freddie Goodwin, Willie Bell, Sir Alf Ramsey, Jim Smith, Ron Saunders, John Bond, Gary Pendrey, Dave Mackay, Lou Macari and Terry Cooper.

That list makes me feel very old!

D

Deleted member 15344

That's exactly what Symons has done at Fulham. We're not going to be in the play offs but after one point in the first eight games we should still get mid table with ease. However there's a rumour going round that Bruce is being lined up. Dear god no

Steve Bruce ?

Why would Steve Bruce leave Prem Club Hull to go to FUlham ?

D

Deleted member 18588

Steve Bruce ?

Why would Steve Bruce leave Prem Club Hull to go to FUlham ?

Can only assume that he has concerns over the ownership at Hull, otherwise I agree. Why??

To Homer I would say that if he did go to Fulham they would be getting a very good manager with far more experience than Kit Symons who has yet to prove himself.

D

Deleted member 15344

Can only assume that he has concerns over the ownership at Hull, otherwise I agree. Why??

To Homer I would say that if he did go to Fulham they would be getting a very good manager with far more experience than Kit Symons who has yet to prove himself.

If he does leave then i would be amazed but Fulham fan should be delighted

D

Deleted member 15344

He would be mad to drop that low considering how well he is doing at Hull !

Could only be money

D

Deleted member 15344

Just seen the claims were coming from Talksport this morning - certainly take them with a pinch of salt

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What does it matter. People I know and would trust implicitly. I'd be more concerned at the odds coming in. They rarely get it wrong. Personally I don't think so unless something has happened at Hull especially as Khan is insisting on using a panel to pick the successor. I would prefer Symons to be given his chance.

D

Deleted member 15344

What does it matter. People I know and would trust implicitly. I'd be more concerned at the odds coming in. They rarely get it wrong. Personally I don't think so unless something has happened at Hull especially as Khan is insisting on using a panel to pick the successor. I would prefer Symons to be given his chance.

Well just thought if he has been seen at Fulham then would expect to see some report or something on Twitter

Have seen him on SSN from the Hull training ground today

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
latest news on Blackpool this morning are suggesting Jose Riga is going, the poor bloke has had no backing from the chairman, and Lee Clark will be replacing him. If true at least he is used to working on a shoestring.

And it has come to be, things go from bad to worse.