Big Max Dri lite 7 bag

Mandofred

Visit site
Glad you asked this. Am I right in thinking the dri-lite are only water resistant and the Aqua are fully waterproof?
Wondering about the weight they are quoting on Clubhouse golf.....the dri-lite 7 is supposed to be resistant, the Aqua is supposed to be waterproof......but both are listed as the same weight although most waterproof bags of the same type are usually a bit heavier if they are waterproof.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I've got the dri-lite 14. It's brilliant. Lovely to carry. Great on a trolley.

It's water resistant not waterproof. But honestly if I needed to be confident on the difference I wouldn't be out! Can't recommend it enough.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Excellent brand & bag, I have the Aqua Hybrid, very light for a cart/carry bag. 100% waterproof, it’s been well tested and all contents were dry.

sunshine

Visit site
I've had the Aqua hybrid carry bag since last xmas - and no leaks so far. It's come through some pretty wet rounds and passed the test. It's quite heavy though for a carry bag.

Mandofred

Visit site
I still wonder about the weight accuracy. But for the price....the ocean 7 looks like I might give it a shot. If it doesn't last very long I won't be out much. Although still also thinking about the Dri-lite 7....for £80...I can live with bringing it home and drying it out if it rains. I wouldn't think I would have to do much to get it dry.

Dri-lite 7- water resistant 1.7kilo
Aqua ocean 7- waterproof 1.7kilo
Aqua ocean 8- waterproof 2kilo
Hybrid- waterproof 2kilo assuming old model
Hybrid 2- waterproof 2.4 kilo

Mandofred

Visit site
I am intetested in this bag too. Let us know what it is like when it arrives please.
Will do. It'll be the end of next week probably....but, it's not like people are playing a lot of golf...eh? I just figured I didn't really care if it was waterproof. I don't really play in the rain that much....usually just get caught in some rain while playing. If the bag gets wet I figure dump the clubs out, take what few items are in it and it should dry in the house in a few hours. Hoping to get 11-12 clubs in it (jumbomax x-small grips)....if not....at least 10 without driving myself nuts.

sunshine

Visit site
I still wonder about the weight accuracy. But for the price....the ocean 7 looks like I might give it a shot. If it doesn't last very long I won't be out much. Although still also thinking about the Dri-lite 7....for £80...I can live with bringing it home and drying it out if it rains. I wouldn't think I would have to do much to get it dry.

Dri-lite 7- water resistant 1.7kilo
Aqua ocean 7- waterproof 1.7kilo
Aqua ocean 8- waterproof 2kilo
Hybrid- waterproof 2kilo assuming old model
Hybrid 2- waterproof 2.4 kilo

I have the older hybrid model and it's closer to 2.1kg. Weighed it on the bathroom scales when I bought it as it was noticeably heavier than my old bag (Nike hybrid - not waterproof). Waterproof bags all seem to weigh a bit more, c.0.5kg isn't much but you do notice it.

Mandofred

Visit site
I have the older hybrid model and it's closer to 2.1kg. Weighed it on the bathroom scales when I bought it as it was noticeably heavier than my old bag (Nike hybrid - not waterproof). Waterproof bags all seem to weigh a bit more, c.0.5kg isn't much but you do notice it.
That's why I was heading for a few other bags. Several are in the 1.3 kilo range....the only one I could easily get hold of was the Mizuno k1-lo.....but at twice the price.

sunshine

Visit site
That's why I was heading for a few other bags. Several are in the 1.3 kilo range....the only one I could easily get hold of was the Mizuno k1-lo.....but at twice the price.

To be honest I've got used to the extra weight, it's the equivalent of having an extra half litre bottle of water in the bag.

However, if I go on a golf trip to Spain for example, where I know I'm going to be playing 3 or 4 days in a row and the weather is warm and sunny, I think I'll switch back to my old bag.