Beware the injured golfer!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Played at Alnmouth with Tashyboy & his mates on Thursday. Going into the locker room I tripped banged my left little finger against the wall. It hurt quit a bit & had I been playing at home I would have probably cried off. However I played. I couldn't really bend my little finger enough to grip the club properly and gripping it hurt, although, thankfully, impact & follow through were OK. I hit a few bad shots but also some excellent ones, including a 9 iron a foot from a hole in one, three arrow straight 3 woods to the middle of greens & a rescue club onto one of the par 5s in two. I finished with 36 points on a strange course with a couple of three putts & a stupid lost ball that I shouldn't have lost.

How does something like this happen? Possibly because I have a habit of gripping too tight, which I couldn't do & the fact that I was swinging within myself.

Now the back of my hand is swollen & a bruise is appearing. The finger isn't sore at all so I think I've probably strained or torn a tendon. Have cancelled the weekend's golf but have some important away games coming up soon. May go to A & E on Monday if it doesn't improve.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Tart

Amazing how well we can play when we relax and dont try and smash the ball
congrats on the round, do you think you might need to ring 999:thup:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played at Alnmouth with Tashyboy & his mates on Thursday. Going into the locker room I tripped banged my left little finger against the wall. It hurt quit a bit & had I been playing at home I would have probably cried off. However I played. I couldn't really bend my little finger enough to grip the club properly and gripping it hurt, although, thankfully, impact & follow through were OK. I hit a few bad shots but also some excellent ones, including a 9 iron a foot from a hole in one, three arrow straight 3 woods to the middle of greens & a rescue club onto one of the par 5s in two. I finished with 36 points on a strange course with a couple of three putts & a stupid lost ball that I shouldn't have lost.

How does something like this happen? Possibly because I have a habit of gripping too tight, which I couldn't do & the fact that I was swinging within myself.

Now the back of my hand is swollen & a bruise is appearing. The finger isn't sore at all so I think I've probably strained or torn a tendon. Have cancelled the weekend's golf but have some important away games coming up soon. May go to A & E on Monday if it doesn't improve.

I know a good Osteomyologist :rofl:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hang on Bill you cannot put your excuses in for not winning a bottle of crap blended whisky as the winner said ( rule 69, line two) three days after the round. That aside I remember you saying you had smacked your hand, but did not realise you had hurt it that much.
on me blog on the trip oop north, cannot believe I have not mentioned your nearly HI1.
PS hope it gets well soon along with my back, left knee, left thumb and ring sting.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Hang on Bill you cannot put your excuses in for not winning a bottle of crap blended whisky as the winner said ( rule 69, line two) three days after the round. That aside I remember you saying you had smacked your hand, but did not realise you had hurt it that much.
on me blog on the trip oop north, cannot believe I have not mentioned your nearly HI1.
PS hope it gets well soon along with my back, left knee, left thumb and ring sting.

Feeling a lot better now, probably OK for next weekend. And "ring sting" Did you get that from the curry? Put the bog roll in the fridge, that often helps.