Best/worst (golfing) Christmas presents?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a voucher and bought myself I do not really need.

Another wedge to go in to the bag of wedges that have been bought in the past because I could not think of anything else.

It really is time I gave up on some of hold favourites and started using the new ones.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Every year I tell my wife and daughter not to get me anything as there is nothing I need or want and just see it as a waste of time and money. Every year they take no notice and get me loads of stuff that never really gets used so this year I asked for something that can be easily sold on eBay or given to a charity shop. Seemed to do the trick as I got a tobleone and some cheese which has nearly gone already.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every year I tell my wife and daughter not to get me anything as there is nothing I need or want and just see it as a waste of time and money. Every year they take no notice and get me loads of stuff that never really gets used so this year I asked for something that can be easily sold on eBay or given to a charity shop. Seemed to do the trick as I got a tobleone and some cheese which has nearly gone already.
I found this .
Always steer them to something you want .
Nothing worse than golf tat.

Zig

Visit site
Got a cool Galvin Green waterproof and windcheater... sort of left the websites open on the right pages in the run up to xmas and my wife did well! Even better though were two unexpected presents: Evolution of Golf Course Design by Keith Cutten, and the first four runs of McKellar Magazine - both fantastic and highly recommended.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Family and giving golf presents

I have always said to mine never buy me anything for golf.

One year one family member gave me one of the retrievers for balls that you have hit in to water. The only water on my course is for about 100 yards off one tee and the sides are so steep and the river so much below it you never even bother to look and you are only ever in it after a really atrocious tee shot.

D

Deleted member 21258

A hole out ring thing and three golfing gloves.

Happy days, beats the size 10-12 socks that don't fit:LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A hole out ring thing and three golfing gloves.

Happy days, beats the size 10-12 socks that don't fit:LOL:

Something like this?

no3-putt-cup-reducer-2.jpg

I have this and its very good. Frustrating as hell with both rings in so be warned

D

Deleted member 21258

Something like this?

I have this and its very good. Frustrating as hell with both rings in so be warned

The one I have is a mazelgo.com putting ring for the carpet, typically cant find it on their website but its this, not bad for the carpet, certainly better than the beermat i was using:D
download.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When I first got them I put them in the hole ? and the ball always ran over the top.

I found a couple of better uses:
1. Chuck the small one down on the practice green and aim for it, the mentality of actually hitting a target is huge, versus just trying not to miss which is what we often do on the course.

2. Practice rounds. Chuck the big one in different spots where you think/know where the pin will be, then putt to it.

Brilliant training aid.

Only use the smaller hole from 2-3 feet and it can be infuriating. I have some ghost holes in different sizes that I put down like you. The positive using the hole reducer is the hole definitely seems bigger after using it for 10-15 minutes and definitely improves confidence

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
This, along with six games of golf on local courses that are defined by pulling a home made paper golf club from a bag (these can be changed if I don't like the course chosen).
Pretty cool I think.Song.jpg

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
found this instead of starting a new one..

I had a Beanie and some UA socks along with a Callaway Merino Wool jumper with the Bulwell Forest GC logo on,