Best Tee Times for begineer

Prodavid116

Visit site
Hi
Just wondering what the quietest Tee Times would be also wondering about booking the Last Tee Time of the Day would that be better as there would be no one behind me allowing me to just focus on the course?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi
Just wondering what the quietest Tee Times would be also wondering about booking the Last Tee Time of the Day would that be better as there would be no one behind me allowing me to just focus on the course?

It really depends course by course. Are you a member somewhere?

In general I think mornings are busiest at most places, some then have a bit of a lull before picking up again later on midweek as people finish work.

I wouldn’t worry too much, just play at a time that suits you. Being new doesn’t mean you need to be slow

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I would say go out in an evening. At many courses there will be a few individual players pottering around on their own.

Relax and take your time. If someone is catching you up, just stand to the side and wave them through.
Sometimes playing late I've ended up joining another player and had an enjoyable round.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I'd say late afternoons. Most clubs may have competitions or members roll-ups in the mornings whereas afternoons would be a bit sparser.

RichA

Visit site
Go when it suits you and don't worry about it. Most of the etiquette is common sense. Most golfers will be encouraging. There will be some dicks who make you feel uncomfortable, but that's because they're dicks, not because of you.
Speak to someone before or after over a coffee, or a beer next week. You'll soon find other new folks after a social round and keen to improve together. Enjoy.

Prodavid116

Visit site
So went to Course today with a Half 5 pm tee Time it was Busy and was queuing to tee off which was really intimidating so I went with Driver and did not chicken out and attempted my first swing which missed the 2nd then went into bush but I found it , the group behind were really quick so I started rushing a bit, anyway the group in from let me join them and then I settled and to be honest I was hitting some good drives okay only 200 yard probably but still . I was struggling with the 3 hybrid off the ground and 3 wood which I could not get up in the air , anyway on the last par 4 hole I hit my best Drive yet probably 200 but position was good I then went with 7 Iron probably had around 140 and hit it onto the green and it only just went off to give me a chance at Birdie and got 1 over par in the end . Really enjoyed it .FBC4DCFA-44CE-429D-BE91-FE45E9730F01.jpeg

Crumplezone

Visit site
Maybe try 9 hole courses. The holes tend to be a bit shorter and they're more casual. Quietest times at any course will be day time during the week.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
So went to Course today with a Half 5 pm tee Time it was Busy and was queuing to tee off which was really intimidating so I went with Driver and did not chicken out and attempted my first swing which missed the 2nd then went into bush but I found it , the group behind were really quick so I started rushing a bit, anyway the group in from let me join them and then I settled and to be honest I was hitting some good drives okay only 200 yard probably but still . I was struggling with the 3 hybrid off the ground and 3 wood which I could not get up in the air , anyway on the last par 4 hole I hit my best Drive yet probably 200 but position was good I then went with 7 Iron probably had around 140 and hit it onto the green and it only just went off to give me a chance at Birdie and got 1 over par in the end . Really enjoyed it .

Brilliant that you enjoyed it. Don't worry about how far any of your shots are going. If you're learning it really doesn't matter. Just concentrate on swinging smoothly and trying to use the middle of the club face. Slow swings and short backswings can be your friend in this regard. One caveat though, if you're having lessons, please ignore everything I've just said and do what you're told by your coach!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
you Have to remember that we all at some point picked up a club for the first time, we all played a course for the first time. It’s not just about hitting your drives 200 yds (my world) but meeting other folks like the folks that invited you into there group.
Dont put any pressure on yourself And enjoy.