Best swing in golf

GM Quote of the Year

• "Tiger and Jim - I would put them up against anybody and bet my house on them." - Chris DiMarco, pre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "It's the best day in history." Ian Woosnam keeps things in perspective after winning the Ryder Cup

• "I went into the USA's team room. It was a bit surreal. Tiger and Phil were playing table tennis and

• "I need to start playing in the events he doesn't play in." Adam Scott on tackling Tiger's dominance

• "A pigeon flew past an crapped on me. That was the message. I knew something was coming." Nick Faldo

• Total voters

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What makes a great swing - power, rhythm, long and fluid, compact and brisk, technically sound, naturally smooth... We all like the look of different swings so

Who's got the best golf swing in the world?

Tigers_balls

Visit site
I feel it has to be out of the three South African's, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen and Trevor Immelman for the award of best golf swing. A famous golfer once said a great golf swing consists of three things. Tempo, tempo and tempo and they all have it in abundance. It must be something in the water over there. But my vote goes to Trevor Immelman.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
This is really interesting - because I thought everyone would vote for ERnie when i came on to this post - but clearly not, I suppose everyone looks for different things in a swing. For me the ease and grace of Ernie's swing and his epic follow-through take it.

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
I like Luke Donald's classic looking swing - it seems effortless. I also love Monty's fluidity - I know that technically it's not the best but nobody makes swinging the club look quite so easy...

Come on Monty, win us a Major!

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
It has to be Adam Scott for me; whilst Tiger' is probably the most athletic and mechanically sound, Adam Scott is similar but with fluidity making his swing seem more "graceful".

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For me, Monty has the best swing. He 's not the longest hitter by a long way, but if you look carefully you will see that there are no other tour players who can keep the clubhead 'on plane' as Monty does. Ben Hogan would have been proud.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Goosen is my favourite - he gives it a real rip through impact but remains smooth and in balance.

As a junior I loved Seve's swing. Again technically not the best but he had flair, he didn't play by numbers as Faldo did