Best stretches and strengthening exercises to improve golf swing?

AdamW

Visit site
Which strengthening exercises and stretches for flexibility /mobility have you done which have resulted in the biggest benefits to your golf swing?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find doing the decorating, particularly rollering the walls add about 5-10 yards to my iron distance (serious comment).

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Have a look at Sats thread a few down from yours on Rory’s power workout. I was curious and gave it a go on the weekend - it’s pretty hard work and there’s a major emphasis on leg strength / endurance.

There’s also a set of exercises I was given from a sports therapist for back pain and improving flexibility. Excercises are as follows:
Supine pelvic tilts 1:30 (2)
Cats and dogs 2:00 (2)
Hip drops 2:00 (2)
Hip circles 3:00 (2)
Hip flexor stretch with side bend 2:20 (1)
Bridge (palms down) 2:00 (2)
Prone planks 3:00 (2)
Open books 11 min (2)
Prayer stretch 1:30 (1)
Standing flexion extension 3:00 (1)

Worked wonders 👍🏻

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Try Joe DeFrancos Limber 11 - Not golf specific but it's very good at getting you warmed up and mobile. Though I take a yoga mat and a foam roller to golf prior to a round. One that you could also try is;

20 dynamic quad stretches
20 Runner Lunges
20 Hip Cradles
10 inch worms
10 Bottom Up squats
40 Lateral Duck walks

This should take around 5-10 mins

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have a look at Sats thread a few down from yours on Rory’s power workout. I was curious and gave it a go on the weekend - it’s pretty hard work and there’s a major emphasis on leg strength / endurance.

How did you get on?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm looking for something too but these stupid names are actually off-putting and i'll never google them i.e inch worm, cat & dog, lateral duck walk, prone plank!! Must be from the same clowns that came up with waist boulder holder for men's underwear!

Just ridiculous

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was surprised at how much emphasis was put on legs, hamstrings were really tight at the end of it and almost starting to cramp. DOMS were killer on Monday morning 😂

It's a tough workout, but it feels rewarding to finish it. As for DOMS well it comes with the territory - it's horrible when you're faced with stairs :ROFLMAO: