Tpi screening

Big85

Visit site
I’ve been having lessons with my pro for a while now and going back to the start of this year he told me if I could improve on my mobility and flexibility my golf game would improve massively. So I went to a guy who does the tpi assessments and then you are given a programme to follow as to where I need improvements on body mobility. This was in March this year. Fast forward to now my swing is in a much better place and I also initially dropped from a 16 handicap down to a 9 which had slowly crept back up to a 12 which I’m always around or better.

My question is Has anyone else had a TPI screening/assessment?
what did you think to it and has it helped your game?

Big85

Visit site
I have and think you can get similar from GOLFWOD or profit golf online these days

Ok but that wouldn’t be specific to your needs. How would online know what areas you need to work on etc? I think for what it costs for the tpi you can’t go wrong. It’s the best investment I’ve made for my golf game

Big85

Visit site
what would be the benefit of TPI over say a general mobility and flexibility plan?

There are hundreds of exercises out there to do and it’s knowing which ones you need for you and for your benefit for golf. So the tpi screening will dictate that. You could chose your own and spend time doing them and yes they would help but you are not going to know which areas you need to unlock and which areas are tight which will impact your ability in the golf swing!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I did it before covid, it showed up my total lack of flexibility. I only did the first two sessions which targeted upper body turn and flexibility between upper and lower body.

I has 4 sets of exercises for I've been doing on and off and use two of them as part of my warm up.

It was expensive, but I'd like to revisit on the summer

Big85

Visit site
I did it before covid, it showed up my total lack of flexibility. I only did the first two sessions which targeted upper body turn and flexibility between upper and lower body.

I has 4 sets of exercises for I've been doing on and off and use two of them as part of my warm up.

Ah ok it is down to how much you put into it yourself. I do my programme every day. It only take around 25-30 minutes. Winter tile is best for it to get your body ready for the golfing season come summer

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Ok but that wouldn’t be specific to your needs. How would online know what areas you need to work on etc? I think for what it costs for the tpi you can’t go wrong. It’s the best investment I’ve made for my golf game
I thought the same but as I went through the exercises I became aware that I generically needed to improve. If I was top 15% fit and a specific issue, I agree it would be helpful

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

This to my point above. Generally for 95% of us it is flexibility which can be done as a whole twice weekly session in my opinion.