Best Stock Shaft for the SIM2 Max

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm looking to get a SIM2 Max driver now that they've dropped the price. My question is which stock shaft should I get? I'm 72, have a 10.3 index and my average distance off the tee is between
180 and 210 yards depending on conditions. While my swing speed is slow, I've never found a senior flex shaft that I like. My current Ping G400 has an Alta 55 R. I guess I'm looking for something comparable to that shaft. Thanks

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is not that simple and would depend on factors like how high you hit it

Having said that I have two mates who plays it and the one who plays a senior flex shaft has a (to follow when he tells me)

The other has the Ventus blue R flex but tends to hit it a bit on the low side (he actually has just changed to the Stealth and now plays the Ventus Red)

Ps Ping Shafts tend to play on the soft side.

When I tried the Sim drivers I liked the Ventus shaft but gained nothing over the M4 I still use.

Hoganman1

Visit site
It is not that simple and would depend on factors like how high you hit it

Having said that I have two mates who plays it and the one who plays a senior flex shaft has a (to follow when he tells me)

The other has the Ventus blue R flex but tends to hit it a bit on the low side (he actually has just changed to the Stealth and now plays the Ventus Red)

Ps Ping Shafts tend to play on the soft side.

When I tried the Sim drivers I liked the Ventus shaft but gained nothing over the M4 I still use.

Thanks for your input. A lot of people have recommended the Ventus Blue.