Best rules of golf book

chipnrun

Visit site
hi, I have been looking to gain a bit a bit more knowledge on the rules of golf to help me out on the course but am really after a book where the rules are explained as simply and clearly as possible. I can see the r&a have an illustrated version of the rules from 2012-2015 but am worried it could perhaps be not be the easiest read, just wondering if anyone can help or has read a good simple more broken down version? Thanks

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The R&A produce a "Quick guide to the rules of golf" as a stand alone document which covers the common situations that most come across when playing. It's in a fold up card format and is available from them for the cost of postage alone - order a few copies and pass some on. Alternatively it can be downloaded and printed from the link on this page http://www.randa.org/en/Playing-Golf/Quick-Guide-to-the-Rules.aspx

If looking for third party publications always check they are up to date with the current version of the rules!

masterosouffle

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They have an app which I have on iphone which is very hand for both reference and learning, it also has rules quizzes on it which I enjoy. They also have a free online rules accademy which walks you through the rules book, which section quizzes and lots of videos, great tool if you are learning the rules but get bogged down by the book!

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Inevitably a book will be the author's interpretation of the rules and, as you can see on this Forum, two people can have widely different views on how and when a rule should be applied.

I'd stick to the R&A stuff even if the 'Book' is a bit turgid at least you'll be getting accurate statements.