Best Putter

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still have my 1st putter a 60/70s Ben Hogan Slazenger, my 2nd a 1980s Ping Pal, and my present B61 Ping. I'll try and post some pics.
but really it's which one works for you, maybe there's only one Anser :ROFLMAO: .
The Answer to Everything, Del Shannon early 60s :cool:, great song got me many a lumber :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have an itch to scratch and fancy trying a milled face. Had a dead hit on 18 yesterday that cost me par with my o works putter. Veering towards the Wilson 8802 but would need to try it and not stocked locally.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m using a gorgeous Rife Cayman Brad in the tropical finish.
Definitely a thing of beauty and one which always gets approving comments. It works and feels absolutely sublime, and no amount of money would get me to part with it.
In answer to the original question, the best putter is what gives you the most confidence.:)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
There is so much more than just the name
  • Head shape
  • Head weighting
  • Width of grip
  • Shape of grip
  • Length of shaft
  • How does it feel for you
My general preference is a mallet head, face balanced, 32" shaft with a Winn AVS grip.
I have two putters which I suit me very well.
  • Rife Hybrid 2-bar mallet
  • MacGregor V-FOIL M6.4K GT
Both are over 10 years old but I have no plans to change. I have been using the Rife but as our greens got faster I found I preferred the feel of the MacGregor. Both excellent putters though.