Best Ping Driver?

Deknilt

Visit site
I am looking to get a new driver. I have always been a fan of Ping clubs and was wondering which driver to buy. The Rapture V2 or the G15. Which do you think is best? Also, is the new K15 okay for a single digit handicapper? Thanks?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I had a G15 (with their 'upgrade' Aldila Serrano shaft). Very good Driver that I only changed from to get and adjustable (Adams) one.
My understanding is the the K series is oriented towards forgiveness as opposed to 'performance', so if your ball striking is good I'd suggest you opt for the G series. Two of the three guys (6-8 cappers) I play regularly with are G-Series fans.

Last edited:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps this thread was posted in a bottle somewhere and has only just arrived....
Anyways, I have both of those in question. The G15 is a more forgiving club.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had both G15 and V2 in the last. Preferred the G15, mainly due to the sound/feel which is purely subjective. I doubt you’ll go wrong with either.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I've had my G400 for two years now and still like it. I bought it at a discount because the G410 had just been introduced. While, I've considered demoing the newer G425, I'll probably keep playing the G400. My backup is the G25. However, I haven't played it since getting the G400. My suggestion is go with the G400 if you can find one. I hear they are in short supply here in the US.

D

Deleted member 1740

Ive had quite a few Ping drivers, my Favourite was the G10 up until they became adjustable. Then i loved the G400 and i now play the G425.

i had the Rapture V2 which is a great Driver as is the G10.
I also had/liked the i15.

Try as many as you can but depending on budget i'd look at the G400 as you'd see the difference in technology/forgiveness.

steavehanson

Visit site
These G410 LST gets my vote every time. G410 LST has a variety of upgrades from the G400 LST that improve its performance and make it one of the top drivers this brand has to offer.
I'd still go g400 max if I was buying a new ping driver though.

Last edited: