best golf game on ps4?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No interest in shooting things, so wondered what would be best for taking the boy down on his ps4.

It's a cunning ruse to try and backdoor him into wanting to play in real life...

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have Rory McIlroy PGA or whatever it's called. It's alright, good to waste away a few hours if you need too.

I have heard good things about the Golf club, where you can design courses and then play them. Although I've never played it, so don't know how it plays.

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
I have heard good things about the Golf club, where you can design courses and then play them. Although I've never played it, so don't know how it plays.

How much design is allowed with the Golf Club? Can you, for instance design holes broadly similar to your home course?

It would have to be on Xbox too as I think that's what the young one has.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I sunk many hours into the Golf Club, and the Golf Club 2. The Golf Club 2 is better for varying difficulties, but playing it on the same difficulty as the original, GC2 is harder overall. It's great that you can play user designed courses, there are replicas of all the big courses and they're fantastic.

For the Golf Club look at TGC Tours - You don't have to play in any of the competitions but can if you want. I mainly use it as a place to get courses to play these days. I played heavily during the original game but don't have enough PS4 time to play anymore.

I would however consider the Golf Club to be more of a golf simulation, than an easy game.

Rory McIlroy is fun because it's just easy. You can alter the ball flight after you've hit it (spin), you can use power ups to hit the ball etc. I play this when I just want to go on and not concentrate too much.

Everybody's golf is a cartoon game, it's more aimed at younger kids I reckon, but I've never played it.

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I sunk many hours into the Golf Club, and the Golf Club 2. The Golf Club 2 is better for varying difficulties, but playing it on the same difficulty as the original, GC2 is harder overall. It's great that you can play user designed courses, there are replicas of all the big courses and they're fantastic.

For the Golf Club look at TGC Tours - You don't have to play in any of the competitions but can if you want. I mainly use it as a place to get courses to play these days. I played heavily during the original game but don't have enough PS4 time to play anymore.

I would however consider the Golf Club to be more of a golf simulation, than an easy game.

Rory McIlroy is fun because it's just easy. You can alter the ball flight after you've hit it (spin), you can use power ups to hit the ball etc. I play this when I just want to go on and not concentrate too much.

Everybody's golf is a cartoon game, it's more aimed at younger kids I reckon, but I've never played it.

Have to agree with The Golf Club 2, its a great game, takes a bit of getting used to. (although min is Xbox One, i guess its exactly the same)

I am literally in the middle of a round at Woburn The Marquess Course (never played it for real)

Joy!

Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How much design is allowed with the Golf Club? Can you, for instance design holes broadly similar to your home course?

Couldn't tell you, never played it just heard good things about in reviews etc online.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

It's not.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I forgot to say you can design whatever you want, but you can design whatever you want. It's not easy however, the major courses on the game some people spend upwards of 50 hours designing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everybody's Golf, should get it new for around £20.

Cartoony graphics, but the gameplay is superb. Decent amount of depth to it too.

I really enjoy Everybody's Golf. Very addictive and easy to pick up at the start. I've been playing it loads lately while off work at Christmas.