Best courses or most friendly

I 3 put

Visit site
Choices of courses on the Wirral to join seem limited in close range to my home. Who has been a member of bidston and leosowe and what one is better and more friendly

The Fader

Visit site
I'll start the replies, so you don't feel left out as a "newbie"

Have played neither, so can't pass specific comment but in my opinion go for the one that makes you feel most welcome.

My son left our course last year for a "better" club. No question the course was better but found it very cliquey and difficult to get a game on a Saturday.

Needless to say, it was an expensive 12 month experiment and he rejoined my club this week.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Choices of courses on the Wirral to join seem limited in close range to my home. Who has been a member of bidston and leosowe and what one is better and more friendly

Leasowe has always been friendly when I've visited. Never played Bidston. I also really enjoyed Heswall and Caldy aswell, but in terms of "club" atmosphere I'd say Heswall pips it.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
My first club was Bidston and the only reason i left was in the winter it was unplayable a lot of the time, I have been a member at Leasowe for the past 12 years and it has had a lot of drainage work done in the last 12 months and there is a new committee in place who seem very proactive and have a lot of good ideas going forward, as to the courses Bidston is obviously Parkland and Leasowe is links/heathland and is probably a bit more forgiving than Bidston.
As for the friendliness i can't say there is anything between them and you will probably find that 99 per cent of members in most clubs are really good company, and maybe 1 per cent keep themselves to themselves, don't know what your work situation is like but if you fancy a game at Leasowe i will gladly have a round with you

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Leasowe has always been friendly when I've visited. Never played Bidston. I also really enjoyed Heswall and Caldy aswell, but in terms of "club" atmosphere I'd say Heswall pips it.
I'm pretty sure since covid that Heswall along with other clubs now have a waiting list.